The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#80409 - 02/03/06 02:44 AM Re: Old habits die hard
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You gals may be very interested in the Featured Author forum this month.

Sue Silverman who wrote "Because I Remember Terror "Father" I Remember You."

She is willing to answer questions about abuse, addictions, writing, and getting published.

Sue's story is proof that there can be healing!

#80410 - 02/04/06 07:28 PM Re: Old habits die hard
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
There are certain streets in Scottsdale that are a trigger for me. I don't freak out but it makes me uncomfortable so I try to avoid them. Bad memories of being foolish to marry that man.

Someday, I fully expect to run into my ex while visiting AZ...if some woman hasn't killed him yet. I think, when that happens, I'll just act like I don't know him. But then, who ever really knew him, he was such a contradiction.

#80411 - 02/06/06 01:27 AM Re: Old habits die hard
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am going to mention triggers in the Featured Author forum to see what Sue has to say about them.

#80412 - 02/07/06 09:31 PM Re: Old habits die hard
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Red Door perfume is a trigger for me. He bought me that and now, I can't stand the smell of it. Strange memories begin to surface.

I've learned to control them but let's face it, the memories will always be there although they should never define who are are now.

#80413 - 03/18/06 06:49 AM Re: Old habits die hard
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Wow! I love this stuff!! thanks to all. I did not have the Father Knows Best childhood...I haven't seen nor visited the place I was born in decades. My neice and nephew live in the same town. A few years ago, my other sister, a BWS
advocate...and I drove to the home we were born in. We wanted to knock on the door, apologize and ask the resident if they woulnd't mind if we looked around. (I personally, wanted to see
"what would come up") We were both ready for this, and yet when I pulled up, and got out of the car, my knees shook, I went into an immediate sweat, and we both decided "not a good idea"...Will I try again? probably, but only if my sister is with me. Moving the micro is a terrific idea, and noticing your reaction, is outstanding, and I commend you!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved