The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#80362 - 01/24/06 04:57 AM Inprisoned children
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Did anyone see on the news where they found 2 children that had been chained and locked in a bathroom for at least five years? The girl somehow escaped and was seen pushing a shopping cart and thought to be around 8 years old. Upon further investigation she was discovered to actually be 16 and her brother still captive was 11. The grandmother, mother and boyfriend are now in jail. They said the kids were mentally challenged and if allowed free would eat up all the food. Can you imagine a 16 year old only the size of an 8 year old child? If you've never written a letter of disgust before, do it now pleaseto Kenny Guinn the Governor. This happened in Carson City, NV just last week. Shameful!!!

[ January 23, 2006, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#80363 - 01/24/06 05:55 AM Re: Inprisoned children
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,,
I didn't see it on TV about those children
but this horrible , just horrible . I saw a show on TV on cable about these two women in Calif that started a group for a safe place for children to go called Child Help and they have a told free number to call where you can donate money to help these children that are abused . These women try to keep these kids from going back to the abusive parents.

Those children have been through so much you wonder if they will every live a normal life again. thanks for sharing Chatty.

[ January 23, 2006, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

#80364 - 01/24/06 11:29 AM Re: Inprisoned children
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Chatty, thank you for letting us know. What happened
to those children is so horrific!

#80365 - 01/24/06 07:54 PM Re: Inprisoned children
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
People never cease to amaze me with this kind of behavior. How could you live with yourself...knowing. How does anyone do this?
I'll never understand.

#80366 - 01/25/06 08:03 AM Re: Inprisoned children
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Some people are just mean and evil. I believe there will be a special spot in hell for child abusers.

#80367 - 01/25/06 08:03 AM Re: Inprisoned children
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I'll never understand this kind of behavior, either. Cruelty to children is something that disturbs me more than almost anything. Especially to impaired children who are unable to fend for themselves and need the most loving care of all. I pray these children are getting that sort of care now.

#80368 - 01/24/06 09:21 PM Re: Inprisoned children
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
I want to think this is a rare occurence, something which happened because a couple who were so deficient in intelligence they did not comprehend what they were doing.....

But, we know so called 'tourists' travel from north america and europe to asian pacific countries for sex with children,we know there are children in north america and europe being used for sexual exploitation...we know there are children in so called 'normal situations' living in fear because of various 'adult' behavior, we know there are children still working as labourers in abominable conditions ....

Often i give up ... no way is life worth the price some have to pay .. i and mine may be safe, but who can be blind and deaf to the pain of others? Sure, we each try to make whatever difference we can ...... but i think if it isn't known by now how to treat each other, after so many thousands of years that people have walked this earth.... it will never be different.... but how can we turn a blind eye, and give up.......

#80369 - 01/24/06 10:03 PM Re: Inprisoned children
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

You take one day at a time and one step at a time and bit by bit, try to make a difference.

#80370 - 01/24/06 10:24 PM Re: Inprisoned children
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Good philosophy, Dianne. It seems there have always been evil people around, and the news loves to tell us about folks doing horrible things to each other. I don't really understand why they think this is either entertaining or enlightening.

Doing what little I can to make a difference helps keep me sane.

#80371 - 01/25/06 12:36 AM Re: Inprisoned children
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

There was a newspaper once that decided to only print good news. It went out of business very quickly. People like gore, violence and the horrible things that happen to other people and I think it's because many of them haven't experienced such events and are curious. Like driving by a car accident and not looking. Most of us slow down and stare. As humans, often we are lacking in compassion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved