The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#80245 - 11/26/05 04:17 AM Please consider this...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We've been discussing this in another thread but please consider calling your local shelter for battered women and adopting her and possibly her children for Christmas. Something to let her know that you care and to make her life a little better.

#80246 - 11/29/05 01:22 AM Re: Please consider this...
ladybug Offline

Dianne, this is such a wonderful idea. Think of how much doing something like this will brighten the heart of a battered woman. She may be so down that she isn't able to think too much about Christmas for her children. Even though she wants them to have a nice Christmas she just may not be able of provding it to them.

Our Plain Dealer provides us with the opportunity to volunteer or contribute to the womens shelters in our area.

#80247 - 11/29/05 01:53 AM Re: Please consider this...
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dianne, I just emailed the closest shelter and requested a volunteer application. I was always involved in the local shelter in Newfoundland and had crisis training, suicide intervention training etc. I need to do this again. I'd like to give to a women in an abused situation anytime. Christmas is a great time. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will keep you posted.
chick

#80248 - 11/29/05 02:50 AM Re: Please consider this...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yea team. Thanks so much for caring about these poor women.

#80249 - 11/29/05 04:17 AM Re: Please consider this...
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dianne,

I called the closest shelter this afternoon and you won't believe what they asked me....

Would I be willing to come in and do a class on skincare and make-up. Is that a hoot or what!

It brought tears to my eyes. It won't be until after the new year, so I'm going to be putting aside products as I earn them at an extreme discount to give them to the ladies.

thanks for all of the great ideas. I love giving back. I have been so blessed.

d.

#80250 - 11/29/05 04:51 AM Re: Please consider this...
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Excellent, Danita! What a way to share your talents and abilities. Same to you Chick.

#80251 - 11/29/05 05:25 AM Re: Please consider this...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I've been very involved here with a local shelter that also excepts the womens pets. We had a nice dinner for all the homes residents before Thanksgiving and are having another one for Christmas. We have dozens of stuffed animals collected already and some games for the children but Danita your good fortune gives me an idea. I am going to try to get my two friends selling Mary Kay to do free facials and give the ladies a lipstick and powder for a gift..I have a businessman who will pay for their time and the gifts. Fantastic idea, never would have thought of that....

#80252 - 11/29/05 06:21 PM Re: Please consider this...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Isn't that strange, Danita? We were talking about that earlier, right? You will be amazed how much it will help their self-esteem.

I don't know if I mentioned it but my dentist is starting a foundation to fix battered women's teeth for free. Says God has blessed his business and he wants to give back. He's asked me to be on the board and also be the go-between for his office and the shelter. He's reading my book right now.

Many abused women have to stay because of pets. To help relieve this anguish for them takes away probably more than half of the problem. Bless you for helping them.

Mary Kay was very involved with dv causes before she died. Maybe the director of Airbonne could help you with the expenses or products? Here is what I did a few years ago. Since my husband was pres of a drug store chain, I used his name shamelessly, to get Revlon, Loreal, etc. to send me their products that sat in storage because they had changed the labeling. They wrote it off and the women benefited. They always need soap, shampoo, deodorant, and daily essentials.

You gals are such a blessing to me and so many others!

#80253 - 11/29/05 07:02 PM Re: Please consider this...
Danita Offline

Di,

We were talking about it on Nabbw forums.

The president of Arbonne has speerheaded the major $$$ support of a bws I think in Arizona. She read about a woman who couldn't get in to the shelter becuz there was no room - and was killed that evening.

Apparently through the efforts of Rita Davenport we have sent thousands upon thousands of dollars to this same shelter. How cool is that.

I WILL write Rita, just for the heck of it. If it isn't feesable, I dont mind at all doing what I can for them with products!

So neat about your dentist - what a saint! Thank God for people who are willing to share their blessings!

d.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved