The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#7953 - 07/16/07 09:11 PM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: katebcca]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I made the mistake of saying I couldn't afford to go on vacation over this past Christmas holiday season, when I really should've said no, I don't like (forgive me Chatty) Las Vegas and I don't gamble, and I really didn't have the money to shop very much. My friend, without my knowledge, purchased the airfare for me and I was stuck. I had to go, and then when I got my bonus, I had to pay her back (she said not, but I couldn't not pay if I had the money). I got sick (every time I fly, I get sick) and ended up staying in the hotel the entire time. I did get a shawl knitted.

I will never again use money as an excuse for not doing something I don't want to do.

laurapoplin.com

#7954 - 07/16/07 11:54 PM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: Daisygirl]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That is certainly not funny, Daisygal, but it sounds like something that would happen to moi.

Me...(not you) I use to be the Queen of Stretching It....but I would get caught every time, so now I just fess up and say, "nope, don't wanna."

#7955 - 07/19/07 07:22 AM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: jawjaw]
distressed Offline

Quote:

Tell her you have a rare Hawaiian disease...called Lack-a-Moola....

JJ

Oh My... so funny... where did you get that??? hihihi lack a moola...

#7956 - 07/19/07 11:14 PM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: distressed]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Daisygirl, I live here because I am unable to move right now and also I'm not sure where I want to go. I have been researching different places and hopefully may be relocating next year sometime... Vegas is all hype and the unfriendliest place I have ever lived. I am a small town kind of gal. Vegas use to be a perfect small town back in the 70's. I want to go where everyone knows one another and they're friendly. Probably will have to be heaven, as old as I'm getting, geesh!!

Edited by chatty lady (07/19/07 11:16 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#7957 - 07/19/07 11:23 PM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chatty, and all,
Would it be lovely if we could pick a town in the US that had something for everybody, was a small town but not too far from a larger one with the fun shopping stuff, and it was a haven for Boomers, AND you cooked for all of us. Between you, Cookie, and some of our news gals, we would be eating good all the time. DJ could do the landscaping and Dotsie could be "Mother."

We could have our own theme, song, and matching T-shirts. Our own doctors, lawyers, and ....and .... and....

PRINTING PRESS!

You thought I was gonna say Pool Boy...didn't you? Nope...give me a way to print my books, I'm happy! hahahah....Sigh...I think I just described HEAVEN to ME.

#7958 - 07/19/07 11:57 PM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: jawjaw]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Las Vegas is a facade. When I travel, I want to go to the REAL New York, Paris, or wherever. It is definitely something to see, but I've been there twice, and have no desire to see it again.

You could always move to Ohio Chatty. Everyone knows everyone in my little town, which by the way, isn't always a good thing. You are literally 1 person away from knowing everyone. But even in a small town you have to make or find your own "community" and find your place in it.

laurapoplin.com

#7959 - 07/20/07 07:20 AM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: Daisygirl]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I love your comment about heaven. Sounds like a great place, huh?

JJ, I'll be Mother but does that mean I have to change all the Depends one day?

chatty, even though you are in Vegas, it sounds like you have a nice community right where you live. I'd love to have a neighborhood pool like you do. I also like your writing association and hearing about the people you do animal rescuing with.

Daisy, I like the idea of everyone knowing your name. Kinda like a big Cheers nieghborhood.

#7960 - 07/20/07 01:43 PM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice!
Jane_Carroll Offline

Yes Dotsie...you will be on depends duty! That was a good one!

#7961 - 07/21/07 06:49 AM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You know Dotsie, I have managed to find my nitch here and stay as far from the strip and the surrounding neighborhood as possibe. I hang mostly in Henderson which is pretty small and cozy and I am okay, safe and content in the resort I live in and yes, having tennis courts, 3 jacuzzis, 2 wondeful pools, 2 librarys, putting greens, great wide paved streets for bike riding and skating or just walking is nice too. Actually I don't have to use my car for any of it. When I do venture out everything I need in no more than 15 minutes away. I suppose I should thank my lucky stars. I do have a nice life. I guess its hard to make lasting friends because hardly anyone my age is actually from here, me either, we all came from somewhere else.
My son says I'm never satisfied and would miss him and his family if I moved away. He's probably right. I think I just miss the old days when all our family lived together and had all the relatives there as well, but everyone kind of drifted away and now we're spread all over the place. I really miss my mother but she won't leave Indiana, been there all her life. I understand that but would love for her to live here with me, so I could spoil her competely.

JJ, I love your idea and would be happy to cook like crazy, delicious, healthy and slimming meals. What a hoot!

BOOMER TOWN USA

Edited by chatty lady (07/21/07 06:54 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#7962 - 07/21/07 09:27 AM Re: Y'all tell me to be nice! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Isn't it the same old principal; the Grass is Greener….?

You know when I first began to realize what I had?

It was when I created an expose for our house, just in case we wanted to sell. I started listing all the positive things about our area, and while doing so, thought;…do I really want to give this up?

Until I became a part of this forum, I always thought; America is my dream land, and that I want to go back. These thoughts and wishes were so overpowering that I didn't give my present life any chance.

But then I read so many posts describing the very same problems that I have here…like connecting with people, weather, services…etc. It has opened my eyes to the fact that people are the same everywhere. It's up to me and only me as to how many friends fit in my life. How much time am I willing to invest, and how much I make of my own life;… no matter where I live.

Thanks to this forum, I believe it has helped me find my niche. It has opened my eyes to reality, and to the fact that there is really no better place for me other than near my Mom, children and grandchildren. The very best place is within your own heart, which enables you to view everything else positively or negatively.

It took a while, but I think I'm in 'positive' land now, and I wish you the same Chatty. Just do what your heart tells you to do.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved