The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#78065 - 02/12/06 02:32 AM with age comes wisdom
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How have you become more wise through the years?

#78066 - 02/12/06 02:53 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I think I've become more wide because I sit here and post messages on the forum.

OHHHH...more wiSe...hmmm, that's a whole other matter.

I think I've become more wise because I read messages on the forum.

[ February 11, 2006, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#78067 - 02/12/06 02:55 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Seriously, it is from spending more time in prayer and from listening to others who are wiser than myself.

#78068 - 02/12/06 03:00 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm wiser because I finally surrender to God and let HIM drive...

I'm wiser because I found out that it's more important to "pick your battles," and NOT so important to "be RIGHT" all the time.

I'm wiser because I realized that it really IS okay to stop and smell the roses, or waste an entire day playing with my grandbeauty.

I'm wiser because I learned it's just a job. And, it's only money.

I'm wiser because LOVE is all that matters.

JJ

#78069 - 02/12/06 03:29 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I think I'm wiser now than I used to be because I've learned to live life one day at a time and take things as they come. Well, most of the time, anyway.

#78070 - 02/12/06 05:45 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Like JJ, one of the best things I've learned how to do is to "pick my battles", not to waste energy or time on things that really don't matter in the end anyway. Put that together with the reality that "this too shall pass", and I find I can get myself through just about anything with more grace and serenity than ever before.

I've also learned not to take life so seriously, to take time to play, laugh, listen to music, colour with my granddaughter...allowing myself to just be - and to do nothing at all...in other words, living life at MY pace as much as possible.

For me, it's all come down to focusing on the basics of my life - like learning how to love God, hubby, others and self better (which usually means learning how to be still and listen more) - and learning how to allow others to love me (which means learning how to let go of the mangled thinking that keeps me from believing in that love).

#78071 - 02/12/06 07:37 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Bluebird, JJ, Jackie and Eagle...you have said it all...and quite eloquently I might add...so I guess listening to wise women like you and embracing your pearls of wisdom instead of thinking that I have all of the answers is hopefully making me wise too.... [Smile]

#78072 - 02/12/06 07:49 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I was thinking about this topic this evening, and it struck me how long I've been praying the first verse of the Serenity Prayer - and how I may finally be seeing (and hopefully living?) the wisdom behind that prayer.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
(- by Reinhold Niebuhr)

#78073 - 02/13/06 05:42 AM Re: with age comes wisdom
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I too embrace the Serenity prayer daily, first thing said in my morning chat with God...
I have learned over many years I can't say I pick my battles because no matter how someone tries to insult or instigate an angry response I never consider that a battle, or even a war. Thats the honest truth. I would have to feel so helpless and beaten down to make something a battle and that just has never happened to me yet. I believe one must really care to battle someone else and apparently I just don't care enough. I find most things terribly amusing....
I can only hope this denotes some assemblance of wisdom, I am certainly old enough....

Suzieq I could and would battle the demons within me causing whatever your faced with. I hope they find the problem and eradicate it very soon...

[ February 12, 2006, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#78074 - 02/13/06 05:09 PM Re: with age comes wisdom
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Same here, I pick my battles carefully, spend time
in prayer, and love listening to what others have to
say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved