The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#78036 - 01/12/06 06:28 PM Have you looked at your hands?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
[Cool] I hope you'll enjoy this!
Worth repeating as you may have seen this before: This is good; I will never look at my hands the same!

[Razz] Grandma, some ninety plus years, sat feebly on the patio bench. She didn't move, just sat with her head down staring at her hands.

When I sat down beside her she didn't acknowledge my presence and the longer I sat I wondered if she was OK. Finally, not really wanting disturb her but wanting to check on her at the same time, I asked her if she was OK.
She raised her head and looked at me and smiled. "Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking," she said in a clear strong voice.

"I didn't mean to disturb you, grandma, but you were just sitting here staring at your hands and I wanted to make sure you were OK," I explained to her.

"Have you ever looked at your hands," she asked. "I mean really looked at your hands?"
I slowly opened my hands and stared down at them. I turned them over, palms up and then palms down. No, I guess I had never really looked at my hands as I tried to figure out the point she was making.

Grandma smiled and related this story:
"Stop and think for a moment about the hands you have, how they have served you well throughout your years. These hands, though wrinkled, shriveled and weak have been the tools I have used all my life to reach out and grab and embrace life.

"They braced and caught my fall when as a toddler I crashed upon the floor. They put food in my mouth and clothes on my back.
As a child my mother taught me to fold them in prayer. They tied my shoes and pulled on my boots. They held my husband and wiped my tears when he went off to war.

"They were uneasy when I held my newborn son for the first time. They have been dirty, scraped and raw, swollen and bent.
Decorated with my wedding band they showed the world that I was married and loved someone special.

They wrote my letters to him and trembled and shook when I buried my parents and spouse.
"They have held my children and grandchildren, consoled neighbors, and shook in fists of anger when I didn't understand.

"They have covered my face, combed my hair, and washed and cleansed the rest of my body. They have been sticky and wet, bent and broken, dried and raw. And to this day when not much of anything else of me works real well these hands hold me up, lay me down, and again continue to fold in prayer.

"These hands are the mark of where I've been and the ruggedness of life.

But more importantly it will be these hands that God will reach out and take when he leads me home. And with my hands He will lift me to His side and there I will use these hands to touch the face of Christ."

I will never look at my hands the same again.
But I remember God reached out and took my grandma's hands and led her home.

When my hands are hurt or sore or when I stroke the face of my children and husband I think of grandma. I know she has been stroked and caressed and held by the hands of God.

I, too, want to touch the face of God and feel His hands upon my face.

When you receive this, say a prayer for the person who sent it to you and watch God's answer to prayer work in your life. Let's continue praying for one another.
[Wink] Passing this on to anyone you consider a friend will bless you both. Passing this on to one not yet considered a friend is something Christ would do.
[Confused] Author unknown.

#78037 - 01/12/06 09:11 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Songbird,
Thank you...that one really takes my breath away...!!!

#78038 - 01/12/06 09:19 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
That will be the most wonderful blessing of all...touching the face of Christ.
Beautiful...brought tears of joy.

#78039 - 01/12/06 09:24 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Amen to that, Brenda!

#78040 - 01/12/06 11:09 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Wow. Wiping tears....

Thanks for sharing.

#78041 - 01/12/06 11:33 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
Songbird Offline

Friends: I found this inspiring, deep, thought provoking!

Just yesterday, I was looking at my hands. I've had some pain for some time now in my left hand. So I need to do things slowly and carefully. I commented to my husband that they sure show signs of hardwork already. I thanked God for allowing me to use them in so many different ways! May He use them for His glory as long as He sees fit.

Then, this morning I found this email from a friend.

#78042 - 01/12/06 11:44 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Songbird, I call that a God-incidence. Never a coincidence.

#78043 - 01/13/06 04:32 AM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have but one word for this, INSPIRING!!!

#78044 - 01/17/06 07:24 PM Re: Have you looked at your hands?
Songbird Offline

I agree, Dotsie! God works is mysterious ways!
Chatty, INSPIRING indeed!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved