ThistleCove, when I see the healthiest people who are really old I notice I am like them. We all like to dig in the garden and get sweaty and dirty. We love being outside and taking long walks. We are not interested in focusing on food. Food is a secondary element to nourish my body not to over feed it and make me sick.

I wish I could motivate everyone to get outside and walk, dig in your gardens and plant things. For people who don't have any space to garden many plants and shrubs can thrive in containers. Many plants that attract hummingbirds can be planted in containers.

For me, some of my greatest inspiration and joy comes simply from walking the aisles of plants outside at my local nurseries. The owners of these establishments know me personally and often ask me what they should stock more of.

When you are outside you are getting vitamin D on your skin. When you dig and pull to plant something you are stretching muscles. When you are outside your appetite almost vanishes as you labor in the garden. When it's all done you feel energized and you can relax and look at the beauty you have created. I even do it for my elderly neighbor without charging her for my services. I created an English garden for her in front of her picture window.

Anyone can do this. It strenghthens your body and takes your mind off of other things. Let it be your inspiration to better health not only physically, but emotionally as well.