The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#78002 - 12/28/05 08:05 AM Re: Winter Solstice
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
God is such an incredible artist. Everything working together as one. The sun, the moon, the stars, daylight and dark all in harmony with every living thing.

How wonderfully blessed we are to be a part of His creation.

smile

#78003 - 12/28/05 08:17 AM Re: Winter Solstice
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
We have some of the most beautiful sunsets...it was one of the reasons we moved here.

Last evening, you could see layers and layers of fluffed indigo colored clouds....
Looking toward the south... pastel yellow streaked across the sky , from the last traces of the sun shinning through. Touches of light blue & purple in various shades, surrounded the yellow and then faded back into indigo layers.

What wonderful masterpiece's we are given on a daily basis.

All power and glory, to our heavenly father.

#78004 - 12/28/05 08:22 AM Re: Winter Solstice
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
And we are all truly blessed when we stop and notice the beauty all around us

#78005 - 12/27/05 09:08 PM Re: Winter Solstice
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
All we need to do is take the time to open our eyes to His beauty. It surrounds us and often tiems we walk through life with blinders on totally unaware of His grace.

#78006 - 12/27/05 10:19 PM Re: Winter Solstice
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
He is THE greatest artist. And He shares His exhibit with all of us, every day, for free!!

#78007 - 12/27/05 11:19 PM Re: Winter Solstice
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We saw the most incredible sunset the other night! It was as though the sky was streaked with rainbows. I'd never seen anything like it. It gave me a feeling of peace that I sorely needed at that moment.

#78008 - 12/28/05 12:11 AM Re: Winter Solstice
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Nature can be the best medicine!

#78009 - 12/29/05 07:31 AM Re: Winter Solstice
ladybug Offline

Today is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it!

Pattyann, it was wonderful to be reminded that we are returning to the light again. I actually felt a sigh of relief escaping me while reading that. It was a nice reminder that these cold dark nights are eventually ending.

#78010 - 01/01/06 07:10 AM Re: Winter Solstice
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I've been reading about people who suffer from SAD and it occurs to me...are those people actually getting outside in the fresh air and sunshine that *is* available this time of year? Yeah, it's cold but dress for the weather and cold isn't a problem; rather it's a great time of year, just another season that God uses to give His earth and children a blessing.

I spent two hours outside today...using the tractor to set out hay for the horses and sheep, going to town to pick up Christmas trees to feed the sheep, setting the trees out for the sheep...just usual chores for this time of year. When I was washing up for supper I noticed my face is a bit sunburned...what a nice gift! It was a beautiful day...great for being outside and drinking in the fresh air, sunshine and signs/sounds of the day.

Maybe if people would get outside even in the winter, they could defeat SAD more easily...?

When I'm knitting in our sunroom, I use an OTT light which is a full spectrum light. It's supposed to help with SAD as well but heck, when I'm looking out of windows that are 5 feet by 4 feet...it's a little like taking coals to Newcastle, ya know? :>)

#78011 - 01/01/06 07:40 PM Re: Winter Solstice
ladybug Offline

I love being outside and totally agree with you Thistle Cove.

I do have a friend who gets really down from SADD. I have never had SADD but I do understand how my friend is easily affected by it. She's not really an outdoor person. When she lived next door to me I would divide up my plants from my yard and go plant them for her. I love to walk around my yard to see new buds coming up in early and I also walk seven miles a day. I think it's why my health is so good and I have no arthritis.

I look forward to May 1st and the three ruby throated humming birds that make my yard their home.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved