The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77950 - 11/14/05 06:05 PM Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
November 12 Baha'is celebrated the birth of Baha'u'llah, founder of the Baha'i Faith. So I thought I'd share something from the Baha'i teachings. Actually, it's appropriate to the discussion under current events right now.

"All mankind are creatures and servants of the one God. The surface of the earth is one home; humanity is one family and household. Distinctions and boundaries are artificial, human. Why should there be discord and strife among men? All must become united and coordinated in service to the world of humanity."

and:
"In the days of old an instinct for warfare was developed in the struggle with wild animals; this is no longer necessary: nay, rather, co-operation and mutual understanding are seen to produce the greatest welfare of mankind. Enmity is now the result of prejudice only."

[ November 14, 2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: DJ ]

#77951 - 11/15/05 05:33 PM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
DJ
Thank you for reminding us that we are all one, that hate and prejudice,racism and war are the results of our failings as human beings and our misinterpetations of divine words.
Blessings DJ- someday perhaps there will only be peace and love

#77952 - 11/16/05 02:30 AM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
DJ....the Bahai faith is so enlightened, but to me the most unique teaching (if i understood it right) is .. 'if a family can afford to educate only one child.... educate the daughter'. The reasons for doing so are self evident, but seldom has that been the way of the rest of the world.

#77953 - 11/16/05 03:18 AM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
DJ Offline

Norma -- yes, because the mother is the first educator of future generations. This both recognizes the unique role of women in bearing children (education begins in utero) and also acknowledges the sad disparity there's been between the education of women and men during probably all of recorded history.

Imagine what a different world it'd be already if women had received at least an equivalent education for the past few hundred or thousand years.

#77954 - 11/16/05 12:17 PM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
"One Home, One Family" "Enmity is now the result of prejudice only'.

Exactly ! And the Bahai's have certainly paid a heavy price for saying outloud such obvious truths. thanks for replying DJ.

#77955 - 11/16/05 01:23 PM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
DJ, thanks for the inspirational quotes. Unfortunately, the Baha'i have suffered much persecution for beliefs that to me seem almost non-controversial. I mean, how can someone argue against unity and peace??

I've been to the Baha'i Temples in Williamette and Haifa.

#77956 - 11/17/05 12:45 AM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
DJ Offline

Cool that you went there. Did you see the new terraced gardens? Last time I went was before they were built but we're going to Haifa in January.

#77957 - 11/22/05 01:09 PM Re: Birth of Baha'u'llah -- Nov. 12
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
About 2am after I posted this, I realized it was probably Wilmette and not Williamette. I went there when I lived in Chicago, 1968 maybe. A girl in my class was Baha'i and that's how I learned about it. She loaned me 4 books about Baha'i but when I was finished, her family had moved and I couldn't find them. I actually met someone else who was Baha'i and asked if they knew where the family was so I could return the books.

I lived in Haifa for 3 months in 1979. I visited the temple and gardens several times. They are considered one of the most beautiful sites in Israel.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved