The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#77810 - 08/26/05 06:14 PM Many beliefs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am aware that not all the women on these boards are Christians. I happen to be devoted to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, but I am always interested in learning what others believe. I intend for these forums to be inclusive so we can give and take what works with one faith and include, or exclude it within our own.

I have read lovely inspirational posts in these forums from women who have differing beliefs. I'm hoping this forum allows everyone an opportunity to share what they believe concerning their God.

I want to thank Meredith and DJ for suggesting this new forum. Also, thank Meredith for naming it and giving me the subtitle.

#77811 - 08/26/05 06:38 PM Re: Many beliefs
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What a wonderful "inspirational" addition to our BWS family home. I hope this new forum opens up many enriching and inspirational discussions amongst people of all spiritual backgrounds and leanings.

I too have a profound Christian-based faith, but my faith has been deepened, enriched and graced by the wisdoms, spiritual experiences and inspirational tools that I have discovered, and incorporated into my own faith, by talking with and listening to other people steeped in their own respective belief systems.

Unity in diversity. It might be our best hope for true peace.

#77812 - 08/27/05 01:31 PM Re: Many beliefs
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks Dotsie for starting this new forum! I wanted a spiritual forum where everyone could feel at home.

Did you know that almost every religion has some variation of "Do unto others what you would have them do unto you"? I'm interested in what unites us, not divides us.

I also volunteered to be the hall monitor, but I don't see my name up. [Confused]

Anyhow, welcome all Boomer women to the new forum! [Cool] [Smile]

[ August 27, 2005, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]

#77813 - 08/29/05 08:06 PM Re: Many beliefs
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dotsis: This openness to share our different views without judging certainly makes this forum special.

Love and peace trascend all barriers of religions, faiths, etc. We all yearn to love and be loved and generally speaking, I don't think I err I if I say we all wish for peace individually, among each other and between nations.

May this forum be a safe haven where we can celebrate our differences and learn to love each other for their uniqueness as a human being, regardless of their belief or spiritual orientation.

Blessings!

#77814 - 08/29/05 10:52 PM Re: Many beliefs
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I would welcome others spiritual beliefs. I enjoy hearing about different faiths or doctrines and what a great place to be able to do that!

#77815 - 08/30/05 02:28 AM Re: Many beliefs
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Thank you Dotsie- and Meredith
Dotsie you said that this forum would be a place to share what we believe about our God- there are a tiny few of us who believe in a feminine force - the Goddess
And you are right Meredith that " do unto others" is a part of many faiths
The basic tenet of my beliefs is HARM NONE
and I also believe what you do comes back to you
This should be a good place

#77816 - 08/30/05 08:07 PM Re: Many beliefs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pattyann, tell us more.

#77817 - 08/30/05 08:16 PM Re: Many beliefs
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Ah, the Goddess factor. When Hay House was working on my book as far as editing, there was a sentence about God and she added "or Goddess" and at first it kind of bothered me but only from the standpoint that it might offend a Christian reader. But, I've come to embrace the word now. I am the Goddess Dianne, lover of fine food and good wine!

#77818 - 08/30/05 10:04 PM Re: Many beliefs
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I like "Harm None" better than "Do Unto Others", because doing unto others what one would have done unto them doesn't always work in a positive way...unfortunately it still leaves room for abuse. But "Harm None" is straight-forward and leaves no room for misunderstanding.

#77819 - 08/31/05 12:24 AM Re: Many beliefs
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Ah,Diane- "The goddess factor"
Sounds a little catty- I would not judge your beliefs-or act as if they are not deeply held and well thought out . Seems to go against the intent of this forum-
Blessed be all
And goodbye

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved