The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#75089 - 08/05/05 07:15 AM Going for it again!
robowidowk Offline

Loc: Arizona
Well ladies...I just signed up for my second class in college. I am going for the AAS in business. I have a new counselor and I have got a list of all the things I need to take! I'm overwhelmed! Baby steps...Working full time and being a wife and mother and homemaker, it will probably take more years that I can imagine! The class is "Math Essentials". Starts Aug 30! Any encouragement and prayers will be appreciated!

#75090 - 08/04/05 11:41 PM Re: Going for it again!
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hi robo,

I'm a new kid on the block here, but wanted to send a little encouragement by letting you know that I just recently finished the bachelor's degree I started in 1976 (that's no typo)!!!
It can be done!

#75091 - 08/05/05 02:05 AM Re: Going for it again!
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Robowidowk - I graduated in 1999 with my A.A.S. and I started in 1988. Though with all the non-credit classes I take I should have a PhD. LOL

Have fun with your classes and take them as they come. However long it takes--it takes.

Speaking of which I have a 6 o'clock class I have to get ready for.

#75092 - 12/05/05 08:56 AM Re: Going for it again!
frances Offline

Loc: Midwest
Just joined here. Baby steps is what it takes! I am 55 and just completing a post-bac certificate in a new field. Started about five years ago. It is equivalent in number of classes to a year of full time college. Slight hitch - when I started, hubby was fully employed. But no more. So switching careers, starting at the bottom salary wise, would have been no problem then. Now, may consider taking retirement early and at a lower rate, since I did not slave over these classes to not use them! Any experience in this area?

#75093 - 12/04/05 09:15 PM Re: Going for it again!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Welcome Frances rose!
No experience but wish you luck with your new career!

And best wishes are being sent to Robo too!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved