The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#75084 - 07/19/05 09:11 AM Re: Small Business Administration
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Free research! You can't get any better than that. [Smile]

#75085 - 07/19/05 05:15 PM Re: Small Business Administration
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Praying that God leads you where you need to be, Dotsie.

chick

#75086 - 07/20/05 12:40 AM Re: Small Business Administration
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chick, thanks! I appreciate that.

#75087 - 07/26/05 10:14 AM Re: Small Business Administration
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good for you, Dotsie. Hope it all goes well for you. Even if it doesn't, the info is yours to do what you need and where God leads you.

Well, Smile, looks like lots of people here from the SBA are heading for the jails cause they sure do go out to lunch, dinner and only God knows what eles or other kickbacks. People like those are the very reason this city is going to hell, at least the portion that really need the help is since no one even knows that these services are here to help minorities and women in need of their services. Most of the time the grant/loan will go to akin w/the most $$$.

I know of a situation it's happening in as we speak. Not with the SBA but with a scholarship that yields the same basic purpose as SBA. No one was interested in this scholarship nor had ever heard of it unti Person A came along. Now one other person is interested. That person is the dean of student's best friend's sister. How ironic.

Senator Gary George sits in jail as I type for similar issues, of course he should have lots and lots of company.

Bottom line, don't even think about trying to befriend to win.

#75088 - 07/26/05 09:10 PM Re: Small Business Administration
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Though I have had plenty of experiences to the contrary, when I worked at it, I acquired around 8-9 million dollars in grants for non-profits then I got more in government contracts for my own company.

And I never unduly influenced anyone or had political clout.

I still believe the best and most well written proposal will eventually be funded. Government and foundation officials are paid to fund qualified organizations and are delighted to get good proposals.

That is not to say that just because something is a good idea it will get funded. It will only be funded if it meets the criteria established for the funds and offers a unique approach.

Just my experience.
smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved