The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#74968 - 05/23/06 06:30 PM I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
designergrl Offline

Loc: North Texas
to have only a face of each of my characters to show, then when someone clicks on it, it would open up and beside it I will have written the story line about each character.

How do I do this ?

Thanks ahead of time !!!

Designergrl
www.freewebs.com/gettingreal

#74969 - 05/29/06 08:56 PM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
designergrl, you're way past my basic level of website design. Don't know what to say to help, but maybe someone else here has more experience doing this kind of thing.

#74970 - 05/29/06 09:11 PM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
designergrl, you may email me with your contact info if you want some help:

kathy@crowningtouchgraphics.com

Here's my website:
www.crowningtouchgraphics.com

Not sure if I can help you; will depend on what type of program your website is running on, and how it's hosted, etc.

Kathy

#74971 - 06/04/06 07:03 AM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Kathy,
I have a question you might have an answer for, if you don't mind. I built my website through Lycos/ Tripod using software called Trellex Web that was in my pc when I got it. It was user friendly. I spent a couple years building it, adding/deleting as I went along. Now that I have a new pc and it doesn't have Trellex, I can't make changes to my site. I hate to scrap it and start again with something else. I put a lot into the site. I tried downloading the software into the new pc and it went on but my site doesn't come up. Will I have to eventually start a whole new website and if I do, can I keep the domain name I have?

Thanks.

Louisa

#74972 - 06/03/06 09:53 PM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Hi Louisa,
I'm not familiar with Trellex Web, but I'll try to help.

Regarding your domain name, if YOU bought it and own it, you can use it anywhere you want. I checked the status, and the name is registered at www.register.com. It was created in 2003 and is due to be renewed January 26, 2007. Have you been the one paying the renewal fees for the name? Do you have a password that will allow you to access the details of your domain? That will tell you if you are the owner or not.

Regarding your site and your inability to update it, where is your site hosted - is that still at Lycos? Are you paying a monthly/annual hosting fee? If so, I would first contact them and see if they have some answers for you. They may be able to tell you how to download the site to another program, such as Front Page - where you'll be able to edit it to your heart's content.

If you can get a username and password for the domain, and for your hosting, and still can't figure it out, let me know. You can send me a private message and I'll see what I can do to help.

Good luck!
Kathy

#74973 - 06/03/06 10:51 PM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks Kathy. Yes, I own the domain. I paid for it and I pay a monthly fee for the site. I have access to see how many hits, etc. I did email them but never got an answer. Maybe I'll try that again or see if I can find a phone number to call.
Thanks.

Louisa

#74974 - 06/03/06 11:14 PM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

If you have access to the site then I might be able to download it here and see if it works with Front Page. If you are comfortable with giving me the username/password, and the hosting company, then send me a Private Message.

All I would do would be to open Front Page on my computer, and try to connect to your site, then download it and play with it - I would not change anything online; I would not upload anything, just test it out. Let me know...
Kathy

#74975 - 06/09/06 11:26 AM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Louisa, my ivillage website was transferred to Lycos/tripod, and was powered by trellix both times. Trellix is set up to work with ie, and doesn't work with other browsers like Mozilla Firefox, which is my preferred. The trellix software is within tripod itself -- at least, my site is.

#74976 - 06/09/06 05:49 PM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Are you speaking English? I wish I could join in the conversation but I have no idea what you all are talking about. Carry on.... Wow, I'm impressed.

#74977 - 06/13/06 08:17 AM Re: I'd like to create this look, can u help ?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
to have only a face of each of my characters to show, then when someone clicks on it, it would open up and beside it I will have written the story line about each character.
Do you want the mouse to hover over the pic or do you actually want the pic as link?

You will use different tags for either, but these can be combined. It sounds like you make want a 'dynamic link text.'??

The site I'm working on right now is http://www.playology101.com/custom/ (my own) I will put two examples on there for you. This site is not up and running yet though. While you're at it, give me your artistic opinion:) Lighten and liven up or leave alone, add text and get going?

[ June 13, 2006, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved