The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#74742 - 11/05/05 08:37 AM Pay Pal?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am so sick of getting these emails supposedly from Pay Pal. I send them to spoof@paypal.com all the time. They are forever spam. I am considering cancelling my Pay Pal account.

Anyone else get them?

#74743 - 11/05/05 08:59 AM Re: Pay Pal?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I get those too Dotsie, I just send them on to the spoof department. I NEVER keep any money in my account. As soon as it's there, I transfer to checking account. Paypal is the only way some of my mystery shopping companies will pay, and all three people that I freelance for only pay through paypal. I'm stuck!

Sherri

#74744 - 11/05/05 03:41 AM Re: Pay Pal?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I've never gotten one but I know they're out there. I need to keep my PayPal account because my daughter and son in law have been selling stuff on ebay to pay their bills.

#74745 - 11/05/05 04:21 AM Re: Pay Pal?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I get at least one a week. I do all my book ordering (for my own) thru PP and don't want to cancel because of the ease of it all. I also get one saying my EBAY account needs updating, don't have one... and my Bank of America account, don't have one... and my penis could be enlarged, don't have one... you get the idea, right?

Not only that, but I've won over a bazillion dollars in lotteries in the UK, and have about that many dead relatives in Africia that have left me boocoo's of money, AND I know its so, cause the Prime Minister wrote to me himself!

Soooo... you all are not alone. Trust me. Its gotten so bad that if Ed McMahon showed up on my doorstep, I'd probably insist he show me his ID.

JJ

#74746 - 11/05/05 04:42 AM Re: Pay Pal?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
JJ You crack me up...LOL

I've been getting more of them lately than I had gotten in the past. I send them to the spoof address also but it is really annoying.

#74747 - 11/06/05 08:46 AM Re: Pay Pal?
travelchick Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Ladies, in my leads group last week our computer geek gave a 10 minute presentation on the phishing (these junk emails from eBay, PayPal, Chase, etc...). DO NOT - click on those links. Do send the emails to the real company--i.e., spoof@ebay.com, spoof@paypal.com, etc. and send it to spam#uce.gov (Federal Trade Commission). I usually expand the header list before I send it off--that way they can see where it came from (or at least where the mail program thinks it came from).

Also, I know some of the warning emails you get from friends sound really legitimate but in order to not fill up your friends emails with more junk, check out the validity of the mails by going to www.snopes.com or vil.mcafee.com/hoax.asp to see if they are for real. I get one about once every other month about Congress not paying social security and having their full paychecks for life when they retire--this is a hoax and should not be forwarded. Hoaxes and urban legends are as bad as viruses--they slow down the mail for everyone!

Just my 2 cents worth. BTW--anyone interested in getting 49 million dollars from someone you don't know?! [Big Grin]

#74748 - 11/05/05 09:06 PM Re: Pay Pal?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
TravelChick,
Thanks for the advice. I hope everyone heeds this and sends the emails to the appropriate places.

What I would LOVE to know is if the Email Police, or whatever they are called, are making strides to hunt down these annoying, dishonest people, AND is there any place we can read about the progress being made.

I mean we can send a man to the moon but we can't catch someone sending false emails? I know its more complicated than I'm making it sound, but I would love to know WHAT progress IS being made.

If you know of any articles on this, I would love to read them. Thanks, JJ

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved