The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#74690 - 08/15/05 08:42 PM Re: laptops
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Update on the lap top. I took it on vacation but the house we stayed in didn't have internet access. SO instead of paying $10.00 and hour to be online at the local computer joint I only paid $5.00 becasue I had my onw lap top. When is the world going to have wireless connection? Can someone get busy with that? [Razz]

#74691 - 07/28/06 07:27 AM Re: laptops
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
I just got a laptop. I know this is an old conversation, but my laptop is new to me and it's hard to get accustomed too.
It's wireless and has a bunch of bells and whistles, but it's like my cell phone. Cumbersome, heavy and another tool to do what??? WORK.
We got a baby mouse, but can't find it. Got another keyboard too, and it works well.
It will take time I guess...

JaMa

#74692 - 03/13/07 04:58 PM Re: laptops [Re: JaMaPh]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
It's time to buy a new computer. I'm thinking wireless laptop. Before I hit the stores and listen to hours or jargin and nod yes to every mouthfull of blubber that I don't understand, I thought I'd get an idea from some of you.

What laptop are you using and are you happy with it? What would you suggest? I'd like to have something that is personal but would like to have enough memory(?) if I start a small business. If that makes sense...

I am hoping they don't recognize me as a total dumbknuck when they see me coming.

Thanks in advance.

chick

#74693 - 03/13/07 07:00 PM Re: laptops [Re: chickadee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Chick: I have a Sony VAIO and an HP Compaq. I'm quite happy with the performance of both although the HP is lighter. Screen size, weight, battery life are par but I find USB ports on the Sony comes ahead. I think Dell builds according to specs. All you have to do is tell them what your needs are. I think its easy to upgrade memory as well that way should you need to in the future for business purposes. Have you tried them?

#74694 - 03/13/07 09:44 PM Re: laptops [Re: Lola]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have a compaq hp. Its great and it goes everywhere I go while I am working. Light enough to carry even when I am wearing heels.

The macs, tho, are lighter and those that I know that own one, really love it.

And don't worry about memory. Even the crappiest, cheapest computer out there has more memory than you could ever use.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#74695 - 03/13/07 10:10 PM Re: laptops [Re: Anno]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
After years of having a Toshiba laptop, I bought a MacBook when the last Microsoft updates messed up my Toshiba. That was the straw that broke the camel's back - I've had it with Microsoft. It has been tough trying to rethink how I do things as Macs are a little different. But now that I've had it a couple of weeks, I don't know how I ever put up with Microsoft.

Apples are a little pricier, but my SO has had Apples for the last 6 or 7 years, and his has always outperformed my PC. So, I am now an Apple convert, and very happy. I bought a program called Parallels, so I can still run Windows and Windows programs that don't have an Apple counterpart (my laptop is one of the new Intel chip ones,) but most everything I need has a Mac version.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#74696 - 03/13/07 10:10 PM Re: laptops [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000...got it in November...no complaints...

I got it at Staples...the young man who waited on me was excellent...I would have gone for too much memory and stuff just because I didn't know what I needed...he sold me a less expesive model and said I could upgrade the memory if I ever needed to.

#74697 - 03/14/07 07:27 AM Re: laptops [Re: Jane_Carroll]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
We don't have a laptop but are thinking of getting a
Vaio; we love Sony!! We do make good use of our two
desktops at home.
Cindy

#74698 - 03/14/07 04:56 PM Re: laptops [Re: diamond50]
chickadee Offline

Thank you all for your replies. I am going to go shopping in the next few days. I'll keep you posted. I tried staples online Jane but couldn't find the Hp you mentioned. Maybe when I go to Alabama I will check it out. I am afraid of trying an Apple.

chick

#74699 - 03/14/07 10:40 PM Re: laptops [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Afraid to try an apple? You think the Queen has poisoned it? JJ would never do that!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved