The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#74551 - 06/12/06 01:52 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
I guess I'm going to be the ODD one in the group. I like "Run Melanie Run" Half-Moon Shadows is dark and mysterious but I'm not drawn to that type of literature. I wish you MUCH SUCCESS and I'd like to recommend the woman who edited my book: WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age. Her name is Sandra Holcombe. I found her on book-editing.com. She did an absolutely superb job on my manuscript!

#74552 - 06/12/06 04:11 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hannelore, I recently edited a Mystery about a town sheriff that has amnesia episodes where he becomes a serial killer. They titled the book 'Blackouts.' When reading it I knew immediately that the killer was the sheriff during his amnesia episodes. They wanted the killer to be a mystery till the end. You don't find out till the end of the book that the killer burns the bodies in the old mill and scatters them all about the woods. I suggested the title be ASHES TO ASHES. The publisher loved it and thus the name of the book was changed. I am fortunate enough to have this talent but need to see the book or know the story so it makes sense....

[ June 11, 2006, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#74553 - 06/12/06 01:02 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi bamgibbs, thanks so much for the tip. I immediately clicked on to the book-editing.com, and plan to fill out their questionnaire. I've heard there are a lot of unskilled editors our there, so it's important for me to get a personal suggestion.
Hi chatty lady. Would you be interested in editing my book? If you like, you can send me an offer to my private email. I'd categorize my book as a contemporary novel, because it has a bit of everything from romance, mystery and adventure in it. If you just edit mysteries; then I'm not sure you would want to edit this one.
My email is:
writeauthorfirst@yahoo.com

#74554 - 06/12/06 05:54 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Hi Hannelore!
Glad to be able to offer some help. The good thing about book editing.com is the editors give you a sample of their editing style so you can see if it matches how you want your book to read. Since I'm a journalist by trade, I'm pretty skilled on grammar. I needed someone to POLISH my script, while leaving my writing STYLE in tact. I solicited samples from SEVERAL editors before I ended up with Sandra. Another thing...If they're busy with OTHER projects, that's a GOOD THING. That means they're sought out by others. Sandra was working on another project at the time but squeezed me in.

By the way, thanks for checking out my website and signing my guestbook!!! I'm off to the gym for my aerobics class.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly
www.talk2bev.com
author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age

#74555 - 06/13/06 01:27 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hannelore I am emailing you today. I edit and have edited for quite a few years now numerous genres. In this last couple of months, theres been a group of childrens stories, a political thriller, a futuristic other world adventure and I'm working on a romance novel. These are all freelance editing jobs and then there are the self publishing books that come through Mystic Publisers. I am working on a religious book for them with two more waiting that need evaluating. So you can see that genre is not a consideration for me, I edit them all. Check out my website and it pretty much says it all....
www.geocities.com/tale2bestseller

[ June 12, 2006, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#74556 - 06/14/06 11:05 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Thanks, chatty lady. I just know I'm in good hands with you. I found this quote about Al Gore, that I thought fits in perfectly.

"What the film shows is that what Gore really needed in 2000 wasn’t better political consultants, but a good and sympathetic editor

Can't wait to see his movie; Inconvenient Truth. Has anyone seen it yet? It usually takes a couple of weeks before it comes to Europe.
It's supposed to be shocking. I'm a Michael Moore fan as well. But I think people will listen more to Gore.

#74557 - 06/15/06 03:31 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not me...JJ

#74558 - 06/15/06 04:28 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have to poo-hoo the Micheal Moore/Gore fan club and think they should both go to hell in a handbag, preferably one with a hole in the bottom....LOL... [Roll Eyes] [Mad] [Eek!]

#74559 - 06/15/06 05:23 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, you might want to clarify that you meant you wanted Moore/Gore to go to H-e-double hockey sticks, and not the fans...I know when I first read it I thought OMG!

That WAS what you meant, right?

JJ

#74560 - 06/16/06 07:58 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Whoa, Chatty Lady. I got your feathers all riled up. Not bad…I like a hot discussion, but I prefer it, without insulting someone else's opinion. Why do you feel that way? Maybe you should wait and see Al Gore's documentary before you criticise him…and the so called fan-club. He's talking about global warming, which is a fact, and no political gimmick. In the North Pole, ice burgs are melting and sliding into the ocean in a frightening pace, never before recorded. We may not want to believe it, but all these freaky nature catastrophes are just the beginning of what is heading towards our children and grandchildren.
If man's contribution to global warming has anything to do with that, then people have to stop tipping the very fine balance of nature, for the sake of future generations. I wouldn't wish anyone to go to hell just because he is attempting to open the eyes of those who prefer to ignore what's fact.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved