The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#74270 - 12/02/05 08:27 AM Advent Devotional at BWS!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This month we have an Advent devotional linked on our home page. Please click on the manger scene on the left side. It will be easier to read next week when my web designer gets back from vacation and can increase the print size.

The author is a Presbyterian minister,The Rev. Dr. Harry Cahill. Since he is a man he will not be posting, but I am willing to discuss the devotional in the forum with anyone who is intersted. Today would already be day five so if anyone wants to discuss any parts o the devotional from day 1 through day 5...now's the time.

#74271 - 12/08/05 08:31 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Interesting. I guess no one wants to discuss it. I just hope women are reading the daily devotions.

#74272 - 12/08/05 06:32 PM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've been reading them Dotsie. I didn't realize this was open for discussion I guess. I've been reading them and seeing how what I read applies to my life. Looking at the reading as a personal thing. I've carried the thoughts through out the day and mulled them over. I was particularly struck by Day 3, Am I My Brother's Keeper.

I fall short of this some days and it was a great reminder that we are ALL responsible for being each other's keepers.

I'm really enjoying the calendar.

JJ

#74273 - 12/08/05 07:30 PM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh good. Glad to hear it.

Harry is a dear friend. Known him for over 20 years. He is very wise and faithful, yet oh so human! Great combination. I imagine talking with him is like talking with a male version of Ann LaMott.

#74274 - 12/09/05 12:57 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I also, tend to take the reading on a personal level.
Day 7, Born Into Conflict and Sin, is holding me captive.

Especially the following....

"Do not be afraid. Face your own conflicts and fears. It would be a mistake to ignore them by pouring your energy into making a “forced” Merry Christmas. Instead, bring them out in the open and lay them before Bethlehem’s manger. Ask the Lord to show you the way through your fears and conflicts, and to send your way friends and helpers so you are not alone".

Over the past several months... since being sick,
I have been afraid and fearful. Just couldn't understand why I was sick and then to have anxiety and depression.
What was my conflict and fear concering this area of my life?
I've had to lay these questions at the feet of Jesus. One thing I know for sure is...he needed me to walk closer with him. I was thinking just believing was enough...it's not, I need to walk in his word everyday. I need to listen to what he's whispering to me...now and always. I need to practice what he teaches, in my everyday life.
Before, I moved at the speed of sound, he couldn't get my attention.
I start and finish each and everyday with him. He's a constant through out my day. Can see his love in the actions of others daily. I would not have seen that months ago... too busy.
He slowed me down so I didn't race in front of him...how precious is that? I'm learning to trust his very word, with all my heart. To accepted all he has promised.
My friends and helpers have been the dear women right here.
I give thanks, for each and every one of you. May you one day know...how much you truly have been of good service.
The good news is....my depression and anxiety are letting up, I can feel it. I never made it past the second day on the zoloft.

I'm still growing, in the fullness of his love...

#74275 - 12/09/05 01:01 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Dotsie...be sure and tell your dear friend Harry, I so appreciate his daily devotions.

#74276 - 12/09/05 01:05 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Brenda, that is so beautiful! I like how you said He slowed you down so you wouldn't race in front of Him. Isn't that what we do with kids sometimes? We say "slow down", because if they get too far ahead, you can't see the danger before them and they'll run into it, head on.

He's protecting you and He wants you to keep Him company on the walk. So precious.

#74277 - 12/09/05 01:20 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
yepthatsme2 Offline

It's all so true... I need his protection, and companionship.

#74278 - 12/09/05 01:36 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I think it's so cool that He wants our companionship, too.

#74279 - 12/09/05 03:02 AM Re: Advent Devotional at BWS!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
And....he wants out companionship no matter what we do... that is what is amazing to me. The depth of His love. Amazing!

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved