The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#72745 - 03/14/05 06:19 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Hi, Dotsie!
Thanks so much for that information. I will look into both of those organizations. I was also reading in Sisters in Crime's latest newsletter, about the differences between Malice Domestic and Bouchercon. I would like to attend both of those next year.
Dotsie, I handed out a lot of the bookmarks you sent me, at the writer's conference on Saturday. I enjoyed myself immensely. It was standing room only in my talk. There was one publisher there, and a lot of other writers. It was a great way to spend the day!
And I received information this weekend that my home in VA has another contract on it (the last one fell through) so I will soon be joining my husband in NC full-time. It was a great weekend all the way around!

#72747 - 03/14/05 09:23 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Congratulations, Speakermom!
Please let us know how everything goes. I'll keep my fingers crossed and the prayers going for you!
Exciting things are in store for you, I can tell! Good job!

#72748 - 03/14/05 09:28 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
sounds like good news all around.

Speaker, isn't it amazing how we can crank out the work when there's a deadline? Congrats on getting it done.

Patricia, did you ever think your work would lend itself so intensely to your writing? At what point in your life did you choose to write and incorporate all your prior knowledge about computers and programming?

I'm amazed at how one can look back at midlife and put the pieces together that have led to new paths on their journey.

#72749 - 03/14/05 09:41 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Trish,
I started your book yesterday and I'm on Chapter 11. This book is good. REALLY, REALLY, good! I'm worried about Tim. I like Carter, and of course, love Kit. I never saw the briefcase thing coming. Whoa nelly!

It WILL be going with me to the bathroom today at work so I can get in some more reading time....what? Oh yeah, like you all don't do that...uh huh...at least I admit it!

Hahahaha....

JJ

#72751 - 03/15/05 12:50 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh no honey child...just my boss! The schmuck...I mean this man wants me to work 8 hours...like that isn't bad enough, he wants me to do it every single day. I ain't lyin' either. Can you believe some people? geesih...

JJ

#72753 - 03/15/05 05:02 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Girls I agree that Trish's "The China Conspiracy" is a dynamite book - but so is her other one "Kickback"....you should get that one next. Can't WAIT for "Ricochet" to come out...hurry up and get writing Trish! [Eek!] [Razz]

#72754 - 03/15/05 06:01 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Hi, everybody!
Thanks for the emails.

JJ, glad you're liking the book. If it's made into a movie, who do you see playing the roles of Kit and Carter? I'm always curious.

Since you read your books in the tiolet, I don't guess you have a problem with folks wanting to borrow them afterward.

Dotsie, it IS amazing how everything fell into place. I'd had 4 technical books published early in my computer career, but had never considered combining a suspense/thriller with programmers until I was asked in real life to hide a series of kickbacks for a client through computer programming. I contacted the FBI and turned over evidence. As the years passed by, I began to wonder what would have happened if the FBI hadn't believed me or if the client had come after me, if my life had been threatened, etc. So that became the basis for "Kickback", about a programmer who is trying to gather evidence and the closer she gets to it, the closer the bad guys get to her.

Who ever knew it would start a series of techno-thrillers?

JJ, when you finish reading, I'll fill you in on some real life scenarios that make my book closer to fact than fiction!

Drake Valley Press (who publishes my books) is putting out another techno-thriller by a new author named Maureen Robb. Her book is due out the end of April; it's called Patterns in Silicon. It's about a murder in Silicon Valley. If you have ever wondered about Silicon Valley, (which is a world unto itself!) you should read her book. I read the manuscript, and it's a real page turner.

Thanks for the nice words, Pam. [Smile] ) I had hoped to get Ricochet finalized so it could be on sale at Book 'Em this October. Don't know if I'll be able to meet the new deadlines, with the move to NC looming. Two moves, actually, because our house will not be complete until mid-summer. I will be so relieved to actually move in. I hope to stay there until I'm moved to assisted living!

In the meantime... I am looking for YOUR next book, Ms. Kimmell! Can't wait to see what Bailey gets into next!

#72756 - 03/16/05 04:52 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Doesn't sound "typical" or "normal" to me that's for sure...you spent a great deal of time talking with this person before she was supposedly going to pitch your book at the committee and NOW she's calling you a "hard sell" ?? Unless the subject of your prior publishing history never came up in discussion before, this just sounds weird to me!

Hang in there....there are other fish in the sea. Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

#72757 - 03/16/05 05:59 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Hi, Speakermom:

I agree with Pam's post. It sounds like she doesn't know what she's doing. I don't care what business you're in - publishing or otherwise - that is bad business to jerk you around like that. I sent you a private message with my agent's name... let me know what he says. At least it will give you a basis for comparison.

At Book 'Em this year in Waynesboro, VA (www.bookemfoundation.org) we are putting together a panel discussion of publishers and agents, called "How to Find a Publisher or Agent" with lots of good tips on attracting and retaining representation. I hope you'll be able to make it. The event is entirely free; all talks are free. If you buy a book (autographed by the dozens of authors that will be there) a portion of the proceeds goes to literac campaigns.

That's my sales pitch for the day. [Smile]

#72758 - 03/16/05 06:01 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

That should have been literacy campaigns.
Obviously, I need to participate in one.

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved