The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#72484 - 04/08/04 12:19 PM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
A full set of maps!

Love it.

As for heaven:
"God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away behold, I make all things new" (Rev. 21:4).

#72485 - 04/09/04 02:50 AM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Meredith you are inspiring and refreshing.

The simplicity in which you state your belief is hearteneing.

I feel i have "many maps" and many journeys. Would love to hear more from you.

Lynn

#72486 - 04/09/04 10:51 AM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks Lynn. As I explained in the posts on Sight, I see many things simply and clearly, with no confusion. That doesn't mean, however, that my answers are the same answers you should arrive at. It just means that we should all open our hearts to where the universe takes us. The more we question, the better odds we'll get the information we need, although there are of course no guarantees. We can never have too much knowledge. If we're afraid (which includes an unwillingness to question), then our sight stops at the fear.

If you're familiar with my poetry, there's a recurring iconography: I'm the woman who jumps off mountains, and fully expects to fly. I can't imagine living any other way.

I'd be happy to answer anything more specific, whether in the posts or in private email.

#72487 - 04/09/04 06:02 PM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I don't have a map though the Bible gives general directions. Mostly I try to look up and take one step at a time trusting in faith that I am not stepping into the abyss.

I liked the Five People book, but I believe I am already in heaven and will be for all eternity. I believe on Him so I will not perish, but have everlasting life.

Meredith and all I love reading everyone's insight insight as inspired by Five People. It makes you think.
smile

#72488 - 04/10/04 03:58 AM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Heaven sounds nice but I'm not interested in staying anywhere that permanent. There's a lot of good work that needs to be done on earth, and I'd just as soon turn around after this death and come back to help where I can.

#72489 - 04/10/04 11:53 PM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
meredith, I know our beliefs are a little different. I'm surious to know if you believe you were here before this life, and if so, who were you?

Maybe you don't believe this, but I just thought I'd ask.

One of the reasons I appreciate these boards is the variety of belief systems represented. I'm always interested in learning more about other religions and I'd much rather learn from people than reading text books.

#72490 - 04/11/04 02:34 AM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Lynn Offline

Meredith:

I hope you like this. I have folowed it for all of my adult life and it sums me up concisly.

Come to the Cliff, he said.
They said, We are afraid.
Come to the Cliff, he said.
They came
He pushed them
And they flew

I have cross stichted this and it has always hung near our dinner table.

Dotsie, I am a little unconventional myself and agree with Meredith, probably for different reasons, that I will return and I have been here before.

Lynn

#72491 - 04/11/04 06:04 AM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Lynn, I LOVE IT!!! It gave me goosebumps, partly because it sounds much like me. And you seem to know more than I do on this one, because you said our reasons are probably different -- which means that you have a good idea about mine. How do you know about past/future?

Dotsie, until a few years ago I had no recollection of prior lives, although I had a vague feeling that I had been here before and the last whole bunch of times I was male. Five years ago I met a psychic who said that my husband and I had been together several times previously but our genders were usually reversed. It sounded right to me.

About three years ago I started to see snippets of what I believe were past lives. I don't exactly know "who" I was but I have vivid pictures of my surroundings. One of my friends is sometimes there. I've tried to write some of these episodes down but I don't have enough information to say much.

Of course, in my major fantasies I was some kind of local Goddess 3000 years ago in the Mideast, but probably everybody has those fantasies.

#72492 - 04/12/04 04:41 PM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, I love that saying. I think you were following it when you were a teen and young adult living on the sea too. Don't you?

This reminds me of the sermon on Easter Sunday. He preached about having moments in life when you receive news, either good, or bad. At that moment you have to have faith and hope in order to move forward with belief in all things that are good. It's like the moment you jump off the cliff. You have to believe you're going to fly. If you don't have faith, then you'll never fly.

Meredith, since I don't beleive I was here before, or that I'm coming back, I find your thoughts interesting. It's hard for me to fathom a past life since I've never grasped those beliefs. Another question...

When you return, will you carry your knowledge from this life with you? Do you become wiser with each visit?

Hope you don't mind my questions? [Wink]

I tend to socialize with people who share similar belief systems. I like having the opportunity to ask questions of others who believe differently.

On Tuesdays I attend this eccumenical Bible/book study. All of us are Christians, but from different denominations. The conversations always stimulate my thoughts and a desire to know more about other beliefs and disciplines. I like thinking outside the box.

#72493 - 04/13/04 01:54 AM Re: The Five People You Meet In Heaven
Lynn Offline

Meredith,

I think you know more about your past lives than you are recognizing. If you had a trusted friend who would be with you when you had "your glimpses" into past lives it would help. Your friend could ask simple questions like, "What is on your feet", "Are you wearing pants?", "Is it cold", What is to your left" etc.

All of this will help you "see" more of your expereience. You are VERY talented to be able to slide into a past life expereince without any guidance. I wish I could sit with you and ask the questions! What fun.

Dotsie, I do not believe that you carry the knowledge from a previous life to your next life and hold it for more than a few years. But the wisdom of your past life is to help build on the lessons of this life. I believe God and I worked out a "lesson plan" so to speak for this lifetime and there are specific lessons I am to work through and enjoy.

I agree with Meredith in that I have way too much to do and learn here on earth. I can't possibly get His work done in one lifetime. Maybe I am a slow learner and it takes me longer?

Meredith, I have had the fortune of knowing someone personally who could guide me into past life recurrences. We actually did it for entertainment at sea. (no TV). There have been many occassions in my life that follow this rather untraditional approach to spirituallity. I realy can't go into all of them here.

I really wish that I had some spiritual guidance regarding my husband's cancer. I don't have a resource and feel at a loss. Could really use some clarvoyance here and I am too close to the situation to rely on. Any thoughts?

Lynn

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved