The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#72452 - 08/09/04 07:53 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I finished the book and I gotta tell you it had me guessing right up to the very last page. I've never read a book that I couldn't figure out. There were lots of great twists and turns in the story.

I couldn't figure out how you were going to end it with only 2 1/2 pages left.

Great job Pam. I have notes and will post more when I get home from vacation.

Oh, but for now...I loved the introductions at the party. It made me realize how important first impressions really are.

More when I get back.

Sugaree, the book will be in the mail next week. [Big Grin]

#72453 - 08/08/04 10:35 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Thanks Dotsie.....I always enjoyed mysteries that kept you guessing [Confused] until the very last moment so that's why I wanted mine to be that way too!

Hope you have a wonderful time at the beach and I'm really happy you had a chance to read the book and give me your thoughts.
[Wink]

#72454 - 08/09/04 05:58 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

More to come!

#72455 - 08/09/04 10:05 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh goodie, Dotsie. Thank you. Ok, Pam, looking forward to this! Been keeping up with all the little chit-chat re: David's Bridge but not visiting here too often so that I wont accidentally read something that will spoil the mystery of the end I hear so much about.

Later! [Smile] Isn't Dotsie a doll?!

#72456 - 08/10/04 07:23 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Well, I finished the book. I was certainly surprised by the ending. Who woulda thunk????!!!
I love Eddy...except if he were to wake me up at 5:30 he would be sleeping elsewhere!! (I think it is illegal to have 5:30 twice in a day. Someone may want to check the local laws on that. At least, it OUGHT to be against the law if it isn't) And I do want to know about Tammy and her siblings. I would like to see that sister of hers do a makeover on Tammy and I would like to see Tammy start her own designer clothing line working with her sister...wouldn't that be fun! I loved the bookstore owners (and I liked meeting their friend with the bookstore). I enjoyed how she worked well with her "uncle". I can't remember, is he really her uncle? That was a nice touch. Too often the PIs in novels have a negative relationship with local law enforcement. It was a refreshing change to have someone as normal as Bailey working as a PI. Good job, Pam, and congratulations on your first book.

#72457 - 08/10/04 01:22 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Thanks for the feedback Lala!! I love your idea of Tammy's sister doing a makeover on her....probably would do her some good too since Tammy tends to melt into he background....LOL

The police chief isn't her "real" Uncle - but she's got such a close relationship with him and he was a good friend of her father's....so she kind of grew up calling him her Uncle. I'm also glad you liked her GOOD relationship with the police force - I thought that in a small town like David's Bridge, it would benefit Bailey and her business to maintain close ties with law enforcement rather than having an antagonistic relationship. I agree with you about so many books having just the opposite flavor.

I'm just so happy that you enjoyed the book - I intend to develop ALL the characters in the town as I work on the series. There are lots of potential little mysteries to work on in the town don't you think??? [Wink]

Sugaree - I agree with you that Dotsie is a dear to send you her copy of the book, and I'll be anxious to hear how you like it.

Again Lala - THANKS!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#72458 - 08/22/04 02:50 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Ladies....a little update - last night I had my first "book-signing" - well - sort of! I had dinner with some old friends for whom characters in my book were named....Marabeth (the police chief's assistant), and Debbie (the lady who owns the jewelry store on Main St.) brought their copies of my book and an extra one for Doris (the animal portrait artist) who lives in N. Carolina now. I autographed their copies and they told me how much fun it is for them to tell people that THEY "appear" in my book. Now I must say that these ladies are not the same "characters" that they are in the book - I just used their names so they would get a kick out of seeing them when they read the book.

Anyway it was a lot of fun....now my first "real" book-signing is in October in Waynesboro, VA. Over 50 authors attending that one. I'm sitting in on a panel discussion with several other authors sharing our "journeys to publication" with the audience. Should be interesting. One of the writers appearing is someone I've corresponded with for several years and never met in person - should be a lot of fun!
[Wink] [Wink]

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved