The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#72422 - 07/21/04 04:15 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, I read some more last night and am enoying it. I love the location of her office. I want to rummage through that book store. [Wink] Great detail.

#72423 - 07/21/04 05:37 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Oh Dotsie - I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Funny you mention the book store - I created it because I WISH WISH WISH there was a place like that here in town! SO - next best thing to having one here, was to give one to my character and "visit" that way. [Wink]

Today I'm writing letters to bookstores in the area (and slightly out of the area!) to introduce the book, provide ordering information, and HOPE that they will order some copies for their stores. Wish I could afford a PR/Marketing person to do THIS stuff so I could just WRITE WRITE WRITE! [Eek!]

#72424 - 07/21/04 08:07 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Pam/Pinkie

Here something to cry over...my hometown (60miles west of here) has 5 or 6 beautiful old buildings for sale just sitting there waiting on someone LIKE ME to go in, buy a building, put in a bookstore and live in the top...sigh...

anybody got 50K laying around? what?

I agree 100% with the detail stuff....just let me write! Someone else do the paperwork! ugh!

#72425 - 07/21/04 08:25 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
JJ,
Go to the city fathers and see if they will work a deal with you. They could use some of their grant money to get you into those buildings. Or if they don't have a grant, you could help them get one. Or you could get it on your own.
Just go down there and bat your beautiful eyes and look cute.
If that fails, cry and BEG.

You have mentioned this several times and it is obviously your dream. You can't let it pass you by without doing everything you can to make it come true.
That's a message to me also.

smile

#72426 - 07/21/04 11:59 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

It's a message to ALL of us.....pursue your dreams because nobody ELSE is going to do it for you that's for sure!

JJ I just know there's someone down at City Hall who will melt when a fluffy little redhead like you comes in and boo-hoos into her little lace-edged hanky about those buildings for sale. YOU GO GIRL! Then when you have the book store open, we'll fill it with books Boomer Women have written - how's that??? [Wink] [Wink]

#72427 - 07/22/04 12:07 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I doooo like the way you all think...

#72428 - 07/23/04 09:20 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dots, (tapping fingers on desk) you done yet? [Smile]

#72429 - 07/23/04 05:48 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

sugaree, no I'm not, but I'm getting there. Please send me your address because I also need to send you the note cards. PLEASE! [Wink]

#72430 - 07/23/04 08:02 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh, I'm not rushing you. Just kidding around, of course. I sent you my address about a week ago. I just did again. Maybe I'm not doing the 'private message' thingy right or something. Let me know if you don't get the one from today, ok?

Pam, I know this must be real exciting for you to have so many reading your book and waiting to chit-chat about it upon us finishing. That is one of my favorite passtimes, reading a good book then discussing/sharing my perspective and hearing others.

Since, of course, all of us have different life maps, each of our aesthetic responses to a work are slightly different. I love knowing the 'why's and hows' of their views and how it made them feel. Guess that's the 'psych major' coming out in me...."why do you feel like this, and what made you do that?" LOL Never mind me. [Razz]

#72431 - 07/23/04 11:43 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Sugaree I absolutely agree with you about sharing ideas and thoughts and impressions about books because each of us brings our unique perspective to the table....each has something different to express....it's why I'm so grateful that Dotsie suggested my book as a Book Club project - after all, I have no way of knowing whether I'm on the right track and have created a believable, interesting cast of characters without YOU all and all the other readers giving me feedback. [Smile]

I'm looking forward to hearing from each and every one of you as you finish reading the book. Three people, including two of our fellow Boomers, have posted wonderful reviews on Amazon so far. I am NOT expecting everyone who reads the book to love it( [Wink] ) - but it's nice that so many have apaprently enjoyed their experience of exploring the world of Bailey Ferrol and "David's Bridge".
[Cool]

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved