The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#72412 - 07/17/04 08:07 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
GOOD BOOK! GOOD BOOK! I am on here long enough to say if I don't get to the end of this book I'm gonna die! It is soooo good, has me captured, and I'm dying to know if what I think is gonna happen, happens! First book I've read in a long time that kept me off the internet! nuff said.

Now...back to your regular scheduled program...

JJ

#72413 - 07/17/04 11:03 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Oh goodie! Our Queen likes the book! Hey, if it keeps someone off the internet I say that's an indication of success in the "keeping attention" department... [Wink] [Wink]

Sugaree congratulations on your daughter's accomplishments - that's grand. As for "age appropriateness" for young adults - I guess I'll bow to those of you out there with children in the "older teens/young adult" category for a final say. My personal thought is that there is nothing "graphic" in the book in either the violence or sex department. Without giving away too much to those who haven't read it, I've relied a lot on "innuendo" for Bailey's blossoming relationship. I don't think I even COULD write a burning romance type story (!!) - and the violence is VERY minimal. My brother is letting my niece who is 14 read the book in fact.

SO - that being said - if you ladies disagree with my "age appropriateness" assessment, let Sugaree know! Otherwise, I'd love for the book to be included in the library collection you mention. [Big Grin]

#72414 - 07/18/04 01:17 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
There is nothing offensive whatsoever in the book (dang it!) ahahah...what?

I finished the book and what happened fooled me. I can't wait till we can talk about it. Anybody else finished?

I loved it, absolutely. BUT. (There's always a BUT isn't there?) Now I have to wait on Pam to finish a sequel...like I don't have enough stress in my life as it is? Puleaseeee....

Get the book. On a scale 1 TO 10, I'll give it a 15.

JJ

#72415 - 07/18/04 02:14 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Awwwwww shucks! Many thanks JJ I'm just thrilled that you liked the book. I had a lot of fun writing it, and "living" through my main character, and just BEING in the town of David's Bridge. This may sound strange since I'm the one doing the writing, but even I can't wait to see what's next for Bailey Ferrol and the other residents of the town of David's Bridge! [Wink] [Wink]

Seriously - thank you so much for the positive feedback. [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

#72416 - 07/18/04 05:34 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Pam,
Yes, I would say it fits into the Y or youth category I believe it is. Its a wonderful book and I like the characters even the cat. [Wink]
I agree with da queen its a 15.
Had to take a break for a few minutes and am almost finished with it. Should be tonight. [Smile]
Maggie

#72417 - 07/18/04 08:20 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I think I was the first to finish it and I am really interested in what is coming next!!
Pamela did a great job of grabbing your attention. I too, had to read it straight through and my husband did also.

I agree with the 15

Sherri

#72418 - 07/18/04 08:31 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I started it yesterday and had a date last night so I couldn't get too far.

Pam, who did your cover design? It's perfect for a mystery.

How cool to have your own ISBN number! [Big Grin]

I'm enjoying the fact that the main character is single. In most of the books I read she's married. I like the peek at the single's life.

I'm also falling in love with the blonde, dimpled, no shirt character. [Razz]

I plan to get more reading in today. Can't wait.

#72419 - 07/18/04 09:35 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Sherri thanks again for the compliment - I was happy to hear your husband enjoyed it too because early on in the writing my husband said he thought it was a "womens book"....well, that's fine and dandy, but I wanted it to appeal to EVERYONE! By the way - he changed his mind when he read the final and said HE enjoyed the story too and thought "guys" would. [Roll Eyes]

Dotsie - I'm glad you are getting into it! The cover design was done by Shawn Reilly at Hilliard & Harris. It's gorgeous isn't it? They had toyed with the idea of using my OWN oil painting of a covered bridge (which I submitted to them for consideration early on) - but in the end, went with a certain "look" that they tend to give all their covers rather than my painting (sniff). There's a photo of my painting on my website if anyone wants to see it...I guess I DID get some satisfaction when I saw the draft cover though - - - at least they used the cover bridge idea - which I'll TOTALLY take credit for "suggesting" !!!! [Wink]

HAPPY READING EVERYONE ELSE....so far I'm really pleased that you all are finding the book easy to read, and most importantly, easy to "get into". Keep the feedback coming - it's useful as I get further into writing the sequels! [Cool]

#72420 - 07/19/04 03:59 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
I received my copy of the book on Friday and have had a chance to read about half of it so far this weekend. I'm enjoying it very much and find I want to retire early tonight and take the book to bed (my favorite place to read) to try and finish. I'm not sure I'll be able to as it's already 9:00 PM and I usually get to bed by 11:00 but we'll see! I love your characters, Pamela. You've made me feel as if I know Bailey and Kyle. I can't wait to see what's happening there in David's Bridge. I like the way you started with Prologue but haven't yet mentioned it halfway through the book. Can't wait to see how it ties in with the story I've read so far. It IS helping me keep my mind off our problems and for that, I'm really grateful.

#72421 - 07/19/04 12:43 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Joyce.....indeed, I read (and write) often to take my mind off other things, and find that "temporarily living" in the pages of a good book works quite nicely to do just that. Hope you look back at the end of the book and think to yourself that you enjoyed the trip! [Wink] [Wink]

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved