The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#72402 - 07/14/04 11:47 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Hi Joyce.....I'm glad you will be reading the book and look forward to hearing what you think. When I have something troubling me, or just something I need to mull over, I grab a book to read....it's nice to "go away" in our minds and live through the eyes and lives of someone else for a while in that way (at least that's what I'm thinking as I write!!)..... [Wink]

Thank you for ordering it...I hope you feel like you got your moneys' worth when you turn the last page! [Smile]

#72403 - 07/15/04 04:58 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam. what fun to hear about so many ordering your book. [Big Grin]

We just got back from vacation tonight and I had an Amazon box waiting for me. [Big Grin] Your book was in it!

I'm going to start reading this weekend and will post as I read. Can't wait!

#72404 - 07/15/04 12:56 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Welcome Home Dotsie! Hope you had a wonderful vacation....it was nice to see you "popping in" on BWS while you were away. [Wink]

I sure hope you enjoy the book - and sorry you had to wait so long for it. It's so strange that some people have received it right away and others had to wait and often it was through the SAME booksellers???!!!! Oh well....you have it now so here's hoping you enjoy the read. [Big Grin]

#72405 - 07/16/04 02:02 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

I wanted to invite any of you ladies who find at the end of the book that you really enjoyed it enough to write a review of it to please do so on one of the bookselling websites....Amazon and Barnes & Noble (and others) have a way you can do a review of the book....it's actually GREAT feedback for someone "book shopping" and not all the websites feature a synopsis. Helps people not only know what it's about BUT whether it's worth buying! [Confused]

Of course I'm assuming some of you will LIKE the book enough to do this - but if so, I'd welcome that kind of addition to my book's listing on the online booksellers websites.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#72406 - 07/17/04 04:20 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Like the book. I love it. Read the first three chapters on the way home today and didn't want to put it down. It reminds me of one of the writers in the former writing group I was in. She writes for youth and mainly puts hers in libraries. She is a mystery writer too.
I can't wait to read the rest of it.
Thanks Maggie

#72407 - 07/17/04 05:20 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ok...no one's said anything yet. Did you all recieve your books? How's it going. I cant afford not one more purchase right this moment but I'm really excited for Pam. The excerpt sounds great! I can't wait to order it myself soon. Till then, Ladies, share! [Wink]

Congrats Pam!

Sugaree

#72408 - 07/17/04 02:47 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book Maggie! It was fun to write and I hoped it would be fun to read. When you were finished with it, were you "bonded" enough with the characters to wonder what they would be up to next? I am hoping that I've created the right "atmosphere" for folks to enjoy the series and look forward to the next and next and next one. [Smile]

#72409 - 07/17/04 05:59 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

SUgaree, send me your snail mail address and when I'm finished I'll send you my copy of Pam's book. When you're finished just send it back. I think it will be cheaper than buying it. Do you mind Pam? I know it's one less sale for you but perhaps she'll write a glowing review at Amazon! [Wink]

#72410 - 07/17/04 06:47 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Dotsie you are a dear.....if I had a spare authors copy I'd send it to Sugaree but I ordered some last week and they haven't yet arrived...I've been giving them away to the bookstore owners, shopowners and before I knew it, the eight FREE ones my publisher had given me were gone! Fortunately I get a nice discount on purchasing them myself for promotional purposes. [Razz]

Anyway - all that said - thanks for being so generous....and indeed Sugaree, you might like the book so much you will recommend it to lots of your friends which of course = sales! [Wink] [Wink]

#72411 - 07/18/04 07:56 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes Dots, you are such a dear. [Smile] Thank you!

Pam, of course I'll be writing a glowing review. From what I hear already about your book, it will be worthy of it.

Actually, I'm working as a liaison between my daughter, chief editor of the top high school in this area, and an author that focuses on teens. This author is going to send my daughter, and maybe even the library here, her book(s). The great thing about that is that the Journal/Sentinel, Milwaukee's newspaper, works directly with these students interested in Journalism as a career.

We're just waiting on the final approval from the teacher of the newspaper class. More than likely, since all involved love my daughter's ideas, this will fly.

From there, my daughter will also be the editor of the newspaper section of the school’s website. It's my understanding that the money has been added to the school's budget already. This past fiscal year my daughter sat on the panel of adult figures that make these financial decisions.

While I’m going on and on, does your book have a place for the teen/young adult audience? If so, yours is one more book to add.

Sugareee

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved