The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#72392 - 07/10/04 04:11 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dear Pam,

Sincerely and from my heart, I LOVED your mystery! I was so caught up in it last night that I had to finish it before I went to bed. Your characters are wonderful and I enjoyed getting to know them, and can see where you could have many spin off stories to continue your series. Who are you going to write about next? I loved the book shop couple, and your hero sounds so yummy!

Anyway, I am gushing, but wanted you to know how good I think this book is. I am recommending it to my husband. You write in the style of Sue Grafton, and I don't think her first book was near as well put together as yours.

Please let me know when your second book comes out. One question? Is this from a regular publisher or a POD? Doesn't' make a difference to me, but just curious.

Keep up the good work Pam.

Sherri

#72393 - 07/11/04 07:10 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Thanks so much Sherri for the great review!! I'm very happy that you enjoyed the book. I love Sue Grafton's books and for you to tell me that my book reminds you of her style is - well - a MAJOR compliment!

I have plans for LOTS of sequels featuring MANY of the characters I introduced in this first book. My publisher wants me to continue with the series so I will. By the way - Hilliard & Harris is a "traditional" publisher but a "small press" publisher.....they don't have a staff of editors for instance - in fact they don't take manuscripts that need a lot of editing PERIOD!

I'm also writing a "non-Bailey Ferrol" book.... sort of a cross-genre book, called "The Door". About a woman who finds a very STRANGE painting in an art gallery - and - well - I won't give it away!

At any rate, thank you Sherri for the review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

BIG HUG [Cool]

#72394 - 07/13/04 08:00 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Just checking in with Book Clubbers - are you all finally getting your books from wherever you ordered them? I sure hope so.....I've had several other people tell me they've received theirs and just wondered if the "dam broke" for the rest of you??!!

Hang in there if it hasn't yet arrived - at least I hope you will - the feedback I will received from you all is simply invaluable to me as I work on my sequels.

Happy Day Ladies!
Pam

#72395 - 07/13/04 09:06 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Pam,

I can't wait for the sequels to come out, I want to know more about the book store owners, and the one who didn't get the memoir job. (Sorry, I have a memory lapse and I didn't go to the other room to look up the name.)

Who are you writing about next?

Sherri

#72396 - 07/13/04 09:57 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Pam,
I just received the call that my book is in. [Smile]
I can't wait to go get it but am booked until Friday so will go then and get it. [Wink]
Had to let you know.
Thanks,
Maggie

#72397 - 07/14/04 01:57 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Oh Goodie Maggie! I'm so glad your copy has arrived - enjoy the read....

And Sherri - I have a soft spot in my heart for the bookstore owners too...they WILL be involved to some degree in all the sequels, but I will "feature" them in one too. The next book (that I'm about 1/3 finished with) has more of Tom Remington (Bailey's friend from Richmond) in it - I'm not going to give away too much (!!) but one of the key employees from his detective agency runs into some serious problems in David's Bridge so Tom has to come up to help Bailey figure things out. How's that for a teaser?? [Eek!]

#72398 - 07/14/04 03:39 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
So who else has their book and is reading along?

Sherri is finished, I'm about a third of the way into it, Maggie hasn't started yet, anyone else? [Smile]

I love the character Pam has created in Bailey, but I must confess to a real attraction to Eddie [Smile] [Smile] [Razz] he sounds adorable, I could take him home...... [Wink]

Don't want to give too much away for those who haven't got their books yet, but kudos to you Pam for such a great read!!!

#72399 - 07/14/04 05:16 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
I am really looking forward to purchasing a copy of your book, Pam! I love mysteries. I have never been a part of a book club so this should be fun. I can not wait to see what is "inside your head", Pammy! [Wink]

#72400 - 07/14/04 02:04 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Thanks Evie! Eddie gets a "friend" in the sequel......hee hee [Wink]

Lalapaloosa I hope you DO read the book and enjoy it. Mysteries are such fun to write AND read. If you get it be sure to let me know what you think...I'm looking forward to the feedback from all of you who were kind enough to participate in the Book Club review of "The Mystery of David's Bridge".

Have a GREAT Wednesday!! [Cool]

#72401 - 07/14/04 08:37 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I was notified that my copy of the book was shipped yesterday from BooksAMillion and am really looking forward to reading it. I'm trying to find ways to take my mind off my problems for brief periods of time, and I'm hoping that a good mystery will do that for me! I look forward to seeing what everything thinks and to sharing my thoughts.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved