The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#72382 - 07/01/04 11:43 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Girls I hope you get your copies soon too....I just wrote my publisher and suggested they contact the distributors to see WHAT's WHAT... I hate that people have to wait forever to get their copies!!! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

#72383 - 07/02/04 12:52 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Good Morning Boomer Book Babes! I heard from my publisher yesterday and wanted to share some info with you that I did NOT know...maybe because I'm a "novice" when it comes to this whole book-writing/selling/promoting thing. I wanted to know WHY people were being told by Amazon, etc. that they were "out of stock" of my book when it has JUST come out! I'm told that with a new author, they don't stock hundreds of books, only 10 or so because we "novices" have no track record to speak of...they don't know how quickly the book might sell and don't want to overstock. BUT I'm also told that they SHOULD be able to re-stock VERY quickly from the distributors. In other words, if you are being told 3-5 weeks wait - it won't be that long...that's just what they tell you.

I hope this is correct....I know how frustrating it is to order something and be told "nope - you have to wait!!!"....that's especially irritating when you are ordering a GIFT for someone...but can be JUST as irritating when you're ordering something for yourself.....SO again, I'm sorry some of you are having to wait to get "The Mystery of David's Bridge". Hopefully by the time my mystery series is on the second/third book I'll be so popular they will have TONS on hand??????? (WISHFUL THINKING) [Razz] [Razz]

#72384 - 07/02/04 05:39 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Wish you lots of success! You gotta reach for the stars... cause the sky is the limit! So keep the positive attitude!!! [Wink]

#72385 - 07/02/04 05:58 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

You are so right - keep reaching for those stars - keeps us on our toes (and keeps us young!!).

Thanks for the good wishes..... [Wink]

#72386 - 07/02/04 06:51 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Pam,
That's terriffic!! I don't mind waiting for the book. Love mysteries.
Maggie

#72387 - 07/02/04 11:51 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Maggie....! I love mysteries too - have since I was a kid. The old Nancy Drew mysteries were my favorite and I guess I've always wanted to write my own. I'm about 1/3 finished with the second in the series and STILL enjoying it so I guess that's a good sign..... [Big Grin]

I also wanted to tell everyone who has ordered the book (and again thanks from my heart!) that there was NO professional editing done on it...AND you can tell...I'm sure an editor would have had me do a LOT of things differently - and caught many mistakes that my "editing helpers" as well as myself didn't. Still, all in all, I hope those things don't detract from peoples' enjoyment of the story. I suppose you all will tell ME that when you read it!
[Confused]

#72388 - 07/03/04 06:09 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, don't know if you saw the post, but I'm wiating for my order too. I ordered 3 books to get the FREE shipping and none have arrived. I haven't gotten an e-mail form them wither which I think is odd.

We'll get on with the show as soon as we get our books. [Wink] Not to worry...

This is a good lesson for all of us.

#72389 - 07/03/04 06:15 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I just got a notice from BooksAMillion that my book has now been shipped. Can't wait to get it!

Sherri

#72390 - 07/09/04 03:37 AM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Ok, the book came today and I started reading it on my break. Hope to have more time this weekend. It started out great!

Sherri

#72391 - 07/09/04 12:30 PM Re: The Mystery of David's Bridge
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Sherri! I'm so glad your book finally arrived.....AND thanks for saying that you enjoyed the beginning. I'm very happy to get some feedback at last, and I'll be anxious to hear your impressions as you read it. [Wink]

Thanks for posting this update - I've been hoping that people are finally getting their copies. [Big Grin]

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved