The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#72123 - 01/06/05 09:51 PM Re: Daphne Stevens, Ph.D. soulful midlife
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Okay this has been one of the most interesting things I've read in a long time...not to mention you have just described a friend of mine's husband to a T. Amazing what you can learn about in BWS...eh? Thank you Daphne and Smiles for enlightening us all. I have Daphne's book and had to set it aside when the new job took over and the gym (after work). Now I will be chomping at the bit to get back to it and finish! What insight! I see now I need to buy my friend a copy as well. She has a birthday coming up, and I can't think of anything better!

Thanks Daphne!

JJ

#72124 - 01/06/05 09:59 PM Re: Daphne Stevens, Ph.D. soulful midlife
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh Daphne, it's been so great having you around. I can't stand seeing your time come to an end. It's as though we have touched the tip of an iceberg here. There's so much to talk about.

Ladies, if you haven't read Daphne's book yet...please do. Make it a gift to yourself.

I have to talk about page 197 before you leave. You talk about women putting EVERYONE else first!

One of the beauties of midlife is learning it's not necessary. To think WHAT ABOUT ME is not a sin. In fact it's a healthier way to live. Then our resevoirs aren't empty and we are happier and healthier.

I don't know if being raised Catholic had anything to do with my thinking that I should always put myself last. Hmmm, I wonder. Any thoughts?

Daphne writes in her book:

"If you are accommodating other people enough to feel irritated or angry, you're running on empty--and that's a dangerous condition, right up there with hypertension and high cholesterol and obesity. And if your doctor were to advise you to change your lifestyle habits to correct one of those conditions, you probably wouldn't be saying, "But isn't a woman supposed to have high blood pressure?"

Daphne, I love you girlfriend!

#72125 - 01/07/05 12:17 AM Re: Daphne Stevens, Ph.D. soulful midlife
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I think a lot of that type of thinking goes back to the way we were taught growing up..."Be nice...don't be a ME-FIRSTER...If you ask for seconds, it's impolite...let your brother/sister or cousin go first...sacrifice....sacrifice...sacrifice. That's what nice girls do.

Why yes, I always asked for seconds...why do you ask? teehee....

JJ

#72126 - 01/07/05 01:12 AM Re: Daphne Stevens, Ph.D. soulful midlife
Daphne Offline

Loc: Macon, GA
Well, thank YOU Dotsie, and everyone else, too. I've so enjoyed getting to know this group, and will be looking forward to future contact on other BWS forums.

And thanks for your comments on my book. May I add a plug? It's Watercolor Bedroom: Creating a Soulful Midlife. Available at my web site (www.daphnestevens.com) or www.amazon.com or www.barnesandnoble.com. If you're inclined to write a mini-review for Amazon or Barnes and Noble, I'd greatly appeciate that, too!

Best to all of you--and let's stay in touch.

#72127 - 01/07/05 07:24 PM Re: Daphne Stevens, Ph.D. soulful midlife
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Daphne, thanks so much for sharing your wisdom with us. Your posts have been music to my ears. I'm grateful for women like you who care about helping other women. May God continue to bless you with your ministry.

Ladies, if you haven't read her book...you should. You will surely see yourself among the pages and learn from Daphne's life experiences which she so willingly shares. When you read it be sure to answer the questions at the end of each chapter. [Wink]

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved