The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#71844 - 02/15/06 08:01 AM Quick Books
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
A few months ago I took a few hour class about installing and using Quick Books.

I was so intimidated. The teacher made it seem so complicated.

I chose to have my accountant install it becasue I was so afraid I would enter the wrong information and be doomed for life.

It took her less than an hour to install and get it all set up for my business. That was the hard part.

The easiest part is using the program. It's SIMPLE! It's easier than simple. It's ridiculous how easy it is. And it gives you everything you could possibly need to keep great accounting records.

I just had to share.

If anyone has a small business and wants a simple way to keep records...go out and buy Quick Books today.

#71845 - 03/07/06 10:24 PM Re: Quick Books
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thanks Dotsie, I recently installed QuickBooks for my new biz but haven't used it much yet. I'll keep you in mind if I have a question - I bet you'd be much faster to respond than tech support!

Do you accept credit cards? Because thats one of the tricky parts for me - how to put that into my income and make it match the bank statments. Guess I'll need to come up with some "Items" for credit card fees?

Also, I've got inventory that I track. I know how to add to the inventory if it's all the same price, but some items I've purchased at a cheaper price and don't know how to add them without messing up my cost basis.

Oh well, I'm sure there are online forums for questions like these too.

Glad it's working so well for you. Hope I get the hang of it soon!
Kathy

#71846 - 03/08/06 04:14 AM Re: Quick Books
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I use Quick Books at work. It's a great accounting program but it lacks in some areas of the inventory part and unfortunatly LIFO or FIFO are the areas lacking. One thing you can try is making the item an inventory part -- with no cost -- and then do new parts under the sub item with each of the new prices.

Their HELP section can usually clear up questions but if you need any help -- let me know and I'll see if I can answer you.

Also a really good book to help you out is "The Complete Idiot's Guide to QuickBooks & QuickBooks Pro 99". It was written by Gail Perry, CPA. and put out by Alpha Books.

#71847 - 03/08/06 07:44 PM Re: Quick Books
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Rick and June, I do take credit cards through www.authorize.net. It's simple. Then all I do is record the deposits into Quick Books.

I don't do anything with inventory so I'm no help there. Sorry.

#71848 - 03/23/06 02:51 AM Re: Quick Books
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Going to check this out Dotsie, and thanks...

#71849 - 03/23/06 05:17 AM Re: Quick Books
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thanks for everyone's tips! I'm getting the hang of it.

Kathy

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved