The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#71341 - 01/31/06 11:17 AM First time visitor
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi everyone, I see many of us have something in common, Step-children.
I typed in step parenting forum on my yahoo browser and this site caem up so I joned.

I am not a woman though so maybe my participation is not welcomed, If not please just email me my resignation.

A brief explanation of my situation and I will get back to raeding some of your stories, which are very interesting if I may say.

I have been married four times. Yeah I know,you can drive the stake through my heart if you want. Call me irresponsible,unable to commit to a relationship or just plain foolish.

Had I done things differently I may very well be happier today. I would certainly be better off financially thats for sure.

Ok here's my brief story.

Married to the same great woman for 10 years in September. She had a 4 year old boy when we met and I had a 12 year old daughter and 7 year old daughter whom lived with their mother a few states away. My oldest daughter moved in with us when she turned 16, she was very rude to my wife and hated any rules of any kind (if they were enforced). She would skip school and have her mother call from three states away and excuse her so the school would not call us to let us (or me) know she was doing it.

This went on for the first semester of high school until we got her report card.
Once she found out how bad her decision had been and that she no longer had any free time she decided to run back to her mothers for good.

My step-son is 14 now and he is very rude to his mom and me. But my wife doesnt see any problem with this. I enforced the rules with my daughter and it ended up badly at the time but she respects me now. Its just so different with my wife, she is looking the other way and it is begining to put a very big strain on our relationship.

#71342 - 02/01/06 08:04 AM Re: First time visitor
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am so sorry, but only women are allowed inthis forum. I wish you the very best.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved