The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#70683 - 05/09/06 12:57 AM move complete
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I started to post this under divorce but my divorce is in the PAST and I am moving into my FUTURE!

I completed the move out of my house that was lost to foreclosure becasue of the divorce.

God has blessed me with a small house to rent, cottage style, cozy and it will be quite comfortable. AS I walked the dog last night, I found peony bushes in bloom under a huge lilac bush. Peonies are my favorite and they smell so wonderful! I am truly blessed.

I had so many wonderful people come to help me move--25 people! How they ever got that refrigerator through the door is beyond me! It is such a blessing to have family and friends that will help you when you are in need.

#70684 - 05/09/06 01:09 AM Re: move complete
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
That's great, starting over. As Dotsie would say, Onward!!
Peonies are wonderful - they were my mom's favorite, too.

#70685 - 05/09/06 08:21 AM Re: move complete
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Starting Over, What a blessing to have so many helpers. Your life truly is starting over. And it's going in the right direction from now on.

Keep praying. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and never look back. You have come so far. Just knowing all you have survived and overcome is a blessing to us all.

smile

#70686 - 05/09/06 08:01 PM Re: move complete
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Peonies were Mom's favorite too. She also like lilacs.

Starting over, I can't tell you how happy I am to see you in this forum.Congratulations. And it's no surprise here that so many came to hlep you in your time of need. Your big heart shines through the screen. I'm sure it's even more obvious to those who don't only know you virtually.

There's an article about boomers enjoying living alon at midlife in this month's AARP Magazine. You might want to try to get your hands on it.

So what are you focusing all your positive energy on now that your divorce is behind you?

#70687 - 05/10/06 12:28 AM Re: move complete
Anonymous
Unregistered

Starting Over, my eyes teared when I read "I found peony bushes in bloom under a huge lilac bush" -- a true blessing that big things come in small packages. It's amazing what we discover through diversity and come out blazing ahead! Congratulations doll, you deserve many more blessings!

#70688 - 05/10/06 03:28 AM Re: move complete
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Starting Over -- your courage and grace are so powerful! Thank you for sharing them with us!

#70689 - 05/10/06 09:47 AM Re: move complete
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
Kudos to you, Starting Over!

Isn't it wonderful to realize you are having moments when you actually feel happy again? Here's hoping that those moments come closer and closer together with ever-increasing frequency!

Foundhervoice-atlast

#70690 - 05/10/06 08:39 PM Re: move complete
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Thanks all. I have to share this morning's experience. I unpacked a canning jar last night and left it on the counter. This morning before I left for work I went out to those peony bushes and cut some blooms for the kitchen. The fragrances was so wonderful! I stood there in the yard and said out loud, "God you really out did yourself when you made peonies!"

They looked so nice on the counter by the sink and the room filled with their scent so quickly that I had to find something else to use as a vase and get a couple of blooms for the bedroom.

I had unpacked a little creamer pitcher last night too, so I took it out and cut 3 more blooms. I was really enjoying myself, but as I stepped back on the porch I started crying--for no reason! Not happy tears but sad ones. As I closed the door behind me I realized that the last time I cut peonies and filled my home with fragrance was 1982/1983. Sortly after that he took a job in another state and thus began 23 years of moving and turmoil.

I realized that I was feeling such peace, contentment and 'settled-ness' as I simply enjoyed those peonies--a feeling-a state of being--that I haven't had in 23 years. I was a profound moment, something to remember and use in the future to make sure my new course in life stays true.

I know that life will bring periods of turmoil, but I can maintain a sense of settled-ness through it all. Hope that makes sense to you'all--it seemed really profound to me!

#70691 - 05/11/06 03:27 AM Re: move complete
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're there starting over and there you shall remain in peace and harmony with nature. I am so happy for you...God bless!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved