The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#70279 - 12/17/05 07:24 AM And Then He Hit Me...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you get the chance to read the article in AARP January/February 2006 by David France, it is shocking....it is about a nations shame, domestic violence and older Americans. Many of them are single again after many years.

#70280 - 12/17/05 10:34 PM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
ladybug Offline

You know Chatty, I'm always amazed when I hear of the elderly finally divorcing after many, many years of marriage. Maybe this article has a few clues as to why this is happening.

#70281 - 12/18/05 12:38 AM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Do they have an online version?

#70282 - 12/18/05 12:50 AM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I had the magazine sitting on my coffee table open to that article so I wouldn't forget to post about it.

Dianne,let me know if you can't find it and I'll mail it to you. I kept hopoing they were going to quote you! No kidding.

It's a great article. One of the biggest points made is that women are ashamed because poeple expect women our our age to know better, but many still don't. It also mentioned that they don't know how to reach these women. I wanted to tell them about your site. Perhaps you should email the writer and have them do an article on how your site helps because women can remain anonymous. You should at least write a letter to the editor. I bet they'd publish it with your web address. Try finding it on the aarp site.

#70283 - 12/18/05 03:42 AM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Your advice to Dianne is sound Dotsie but excuse me for saying so but you need to take this same advice for yourself, LOL...What better site for these lonely frightened women who wish to remain anonymous than THIS SITE, yep the Boomers. There is more council, love and understand not to mention experience and advice to be gotten on this site than any other site anywhere and I know because I've checked extensinely...Invite these women to join us through the magazine article too....my 2 cents. [Big Grin]

Their website address is: www.aarpmagazine.org
this was the January/February issue

[ December 17, 2005, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#70284 - 12/18/05 04:38 AM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Gee, thanks Chatty.

#70285 - 12/19/05 04:26 AM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh boy is seems I did not use my words wisely in the above post. I was not trying to take anything away or make less of Diannes wonderful site nor all the magnificient work she does. I was merely stating the fact that this site would "also" be a good place for older women being abused or just feeling confused to come and visit. I say that because there are so many many women here that actively post answers trying to help each other. I also visit Diannes site and enjoy the interactions with those women as well. There are just more of us here and thats the only reason I made the comment. Dianne if I offended you in anyway it was unintentional which I explained in my PM to you personally. No problem here ladies but I want to make sure Dianne gets my meaning just in case. She is a very good friend and I would be devistated if I offended her in anyway.

#70286 - 12/19/05 05:18 AM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Don't worry about it Chatty. I know your heart and intentions. You're a good friend and always will be. And thank you for the PM. That was very sweet of you.

Love you buddy.

#70287 - 12/19/05 06:01 PM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, funny you should say that. I immediately thought of Dianne's forums since that's their intention. Thanks for thinking of BWS. And I'm sure Dianne knows where your heart is.

Dianne, have you been able to get your hands on the article?

#70288 - 12/19/05 07:44 PM Re: And Then He Hit Me...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, I downloaded it from their site. Very sad article. Made me want to bring all of these elderly women to my home and give them safety.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved