The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69742 - 05/12/05 01:45 AM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When single, I had the tendency to intimidate men. Probably because I never let them intimidate me! I'm not bashful, not afraid, but not loud or boastful either. I was just happy to be out with someone that I liked and was there to have fun. Meeting new people (men) can be an adventure because they all have such different jobs and hobbies so you learn a lot!

#69743 - 05/12/05 02:55 AM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hmm...Sugaree and Dianne...these are interesting ideas you are putting forth.
Sugaree...I hope your contact with this new fella proves satisfactory to you. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and know what you're about!!!! An inspiration. I hope it works out for you.
Dianne, you sound like me! Neither am I loud or boastful, but I do seem to intimidate men. Oh, well, that's their problem. For now, I am not inclined to be in the company of any man! I think it is worthwhile to pursue serenity, peace of mind. For 20+ years of marriage I wanted that. Now, in 8 years of singlehood, I have wasted a lot of energy on dating and dysfunctional relationships. Time to reassess and take stock of where my priorities lie. As I stated in my initial posting here on this thread..."How much anxiety, self-doubt, self-recrimination, nervousness is justified in order to maintain a relationship with a man...NONE!! NONE!!!
ARI

#69744 - 05/12/05 03:55 AM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He may be a good catch since he's a CEO of a fairly large co. here. I love his style. He's a keynote speaker as well. He's got so much going is why I feel small around him. Maybe he's the type that wants/needs someone that isn't as smart so that he wont be intimidating. In past relationships I've heard (in so many words) that I'm intimidating which equals elimidating. That's a good thing though.

If a man wants a dummy, he will certainly find one because there are many out there.

You say that you've wasted time and energy on dating....maybe not. I guess every lesson in life is for a reason. Now you can enjoy your visits with you a bit better since you know what's out there. You can be a bit more content.

Hey, when you find this content stuff, tell me what it feels like, ok? LOL-just kidding. It has its moments, like anything else.

#69745 - 05/12/05 05:34 AM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm listening in on this conversation. Ari, congratulations on your epiphany! It's wonderful when revelations came come from grief because then it becomes growth! I recall that men were intimidated by intelligence, yet I was always so stupid as to pick these men! I recall long nights of lonliness, yet the desire for solitude. The lonliness was not so much for a man or a friend, but for my SELF. I was lonely for my own self. Where was I? Once I started to spend more time with my spirit, I became less likely to seek companionship with others. We are so complex! When I met my husband, I told him I'd been married before, and I would never get married again. Famous last words: We have been married since 1988. Many women are married and lonely, and a man can't always fill that lonliness. Nor would I expect him to. Love and Light, Lynn

#69746 - 05/12/05 08:15 PM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Got this quote in my email today and thought I'd share it in this forum.

"Honor your total self. Life becomes meaningful and your purpose more clear when you come from a place of wholeness."

Dr. Bernie Seigel

Let's keep digging into our inner selves so we can create more beautiful outer selves. Beauty comes from within. Let's hear it for a more beautiful midlife!

[ May 12, 2005, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#69747 - 05/17/05 11:42 AM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You couldn't have found a better post for this occassion! Kudos to Dr. Seigel for publishing his thoughts and you finding at least one of them!

#69748 - 05/17/05 06:45 PM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks sugaree. I loved it too.

#69749 - 05/18/05 03:05 AM Re: "Epiphany" on self-worth
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Super Sugar and something all can benefit from...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved