The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69343 - 10/16/04 09:02 PM A Single Fantasy Poem
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
He Saw We

He looked into my eyes
And to my surprise,
He saw me.

He saw the woman, strong on the outside,
Willing, able and ready to abide.
He saw me.

He reached for my hand but not to lead me into temptation.
Not just a thrill, a sensation.
He felt me.

He pulled me close to him and said,
“To thee, I bring marital love to our wedding bed."
He felt me.

He kissed my lips
And deep down into my hips,
He felt me.

He saw my tears
From many painstaking years,
He loved me.

He saw the artist in my soul.
He saw a woman to behold.
He loved me.

He looked into my eyes again
He saw the loneliness driving me insane.
He loved me.

He made love to my mind,
Careful was he not to leave me behind.
He became we.

He stepped to me with subtle passion,
The sort that has no ration,
He became we.

He wiped my pain away,
With just four words, “ I’m here to stay.”
He became we.

He saw we,
Not he, not she
But we.

Where is he?

Sugaree

[ October 16, 2004, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

#69344 - 10/16/04 09:09 PM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Sugaree, good. You had me until that last line. "Where is he?" Hmm....I thought he was right there! [Smile]

Thanks for sharing! - Donna

#69345 - 10/16/04 09:20 PM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes Donna, that's the greatest aspect of the mind...the ability to fantasize, create and recreate when we're happy or not.

I guess in this case, I am not happy since my need to create such a piece persisted so late in the midnight hour.

When I reviewed this poem this morning, I realized my state of mind last night. Sadly, I created the man of my dreams. Sadder, he is out of my reach....of course until my God see's fit.

Sugaree

#69346 - 10/16/04 09:31 PM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Sugaree, I pray he is on the horizon awaiting God's timing to cross your path.

A lovely piece. - Donna

#69347 - 10/16/04 11:59 PM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You dear girl created every woman's fantasy man. We all, I believe long for what you so vividly described. Some lucky women have such a man, but they are a rarity, like the vanishing bald Eagle or other endangered species. Idon't want to seem brash but does GOOD LUCK get my sentiment across? I truly hope you are one of the lucky ones and find such a treasure. [Razz]

#69348 - 10/17/04 04:04 AM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
That was a great poem, Sugaree!! I used to write a lot of single/single again poems and stories before I remarried. (Can't really do that now, but some are still online somewhere) Here is one I wrote.

“I'll Call You”

I met him on a summer night.
The moon was full, the stars were bright.
Oh, could he be my Mr. Right?

Tall and dark, a touch of gray,
a flirting glance he tossed my way.
Yes, this must be my lucky day!

We danced, we laughed and talked a while.
He mesmerized me with his smile.
I found a man with warmth and style.

I knew at once that this was fate.
He asked me for a dinner date!
Had I just found the perfect mate?

Kindred souls we seemed to be.
No longer yearning to be free.
All his life he'd searched for me.

He held my hand and kissed me too.
Somewhere inside I guess I knew.
The last he said was,
“I'll call you.”

[Big Grin] Thought I'd add my two cents [Big Grin]

Seriously, there are some good ones out there. I found one. But, let me tell you - it took a looooot of looking. I should write a book on the parade of not so hots and commitment phobics that fell by the wayside. [Wink] Louisa

#69349 - 10/17/04 05:25 AM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh Louisa, I appreciate your two-cent. All 'sense' count in this quest. I'm no spring chicken to this dating game either. But, as the ones that finally were discovered by Mr. Right would have it, he's worth the wait.

Without info which is a derivative of experience, how would we know the difference between Mr. Right and Mr. WRONG? Well, besides the obvious signs. But, the obvious is not what traps us all of the time, or most. It's the subtle little white lies...the blatant actions that we tend to excuse...those are the ones.

Perfect example; I posted here about a man I believed I loved earlier this year. Because I was blinded by other issues in life and his 'passion' I really thought that it was love. It took a host of Boomerwomen to convince me that my feelings were 'lust' not love.

Of course I wanted to rebell-rebuke their opinions. But, since I enjoy keeping it as real as possible, I had to revisit my self and compare what was said to me by women that 'seemed' to know what they were speaking of. "Up until that point I'd valued their opinion, why stop now?" was a question my rebellious mind presented.

I value all input...some with a grain of salt, especially the opinions from the folk with glass houses...the ones with storage rooms for closets that keep it real are the most valued of all. I can't say that I hate hypocrits but they sure do make life difficult...but, God's children all the same so I love them too. (Oooops, was that a tangent? [Confused] [Eek!] )

Since you're married now and have been here...pondering and wondering who, when and especially 'why', how did u know that he was whom HE sent to spend the rest of your life with?

Nice poetry, BTW. And I'm happy for you that you don't have to express like this any longer. God bless.

PS. Chatty reality hit very close to home on my 'love vs. lust' situation...made me revisit again and again. Since then, I've wanted to 'see' him but have resisted the temptation. Hooorrraaay! So far.

[ October 16, 2004, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

#69350 - 10/17/04 03:33 PM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
Louisa Offline

Well Sugaree, it wasn't easy. It took a long time. I don't believe in rushing into anything. I've seen too many horrendous things happen. When I met him, it was through a good friend, but it was not planned or anything like that. We just bumped into him one night and she introduced us. Although I didn't know him, I knew of him. I knew who he was. His kids had gone to school with mine and his son and my nephew were good friends. I knew he was going through a divorce. We hung around some of the same places and became frieds. We didn't actually go out on a date until about 5 months later. It takes a long time to trust another person again. Anyone else I had dated was obviously not serious and there was always some nagging doubt or red flags all over the place. There were no red flags here. We've been together 12 years now. Our 5th anniversary is coming up in Jan. [Smile]

I wrote an article about Dating Remumes you might want to read. It's kind of silly, but there is a lot of truth to it. It is on www.datingexpo.com if you want to read it. [Smile]

Louisa

#69351 - 10/17/04 03:47 PM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
Louisa Offline

Sugaree, I checked the site and don't know where it is. Probably archived. I sent it to you in a private message on the forum.
Louisa

#69352 - 10/18/04 12:27 AM Re: A Single Fantasy Poem
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mixedmetaphors, I haven't seen your name before so I bid you welcome, glad you're here. NOW, your poem made me wonder, are you and he no longer together??? I thought it sounded like broken promises.... [Confused]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved