The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#69336 - 10/07/04 06:25 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I hope you buy the book and let us know how it is. I miss our 91 yr. old. He was such a grammarian and a great loss to the group.

Just checked and replied to your email. I guess I missed it. Don't worry about the tornados. Most of the time it's just one big storm chase event. About as intelligent as noodling for catfish.
smile

#69337 - 10/07/04 02:52 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Noodling? (I'm from Canada,Aye) Never heard of it...so I researched.

I can run underground from a Tornado, but I don't think I'll go underwater for "any reason"!

I think I know why they call it "Noodling".
You've lost your noodle, so why not go hand fishing and lose that to! [Confused]

I learn something new every day. [Cool]

#69338 - 10/07/04 04:47 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ninety-one! What an inspiration. Just goes to prove we are never to old to start something new. [Wink]

#69339 - 10/09/04 02:12 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey chickadee,
Noodlin' is for major macho men. At least I don't know any women who do it. I do know a few male noodlers though. Lots of guys did it where I grew up. There's even a movie about it.

You'll probably love tornado season unless one strikes where you live. Everyone turns into a 'storm chaser' and the television news types fly into the storms in helicopters. Everyone watches on TV and calls their friends to see if they're ok. No one gets in the 'fraidy hole' unless it's practically on their doorstep. Except my Mom of course. A standing rule in our house growing up was that we had to come home if it thundered. Mom was a major tornadophobe.

I would love to hear more about the 91 yr old's book too. Just goes to prove it's never too late. There's still hope for us all.
smile

#69340 - 10/09/04 02:35 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hope!? Did someone mention hope?! I need some of that, lol.

Well, the job is going fine. The blind guy, Dean, is just amazing. He's getting his master's degree in accounting. Imagine that.

The bright side to it is that if he messes something up, he can say, "Ooops! I didn't see that." I know already, bad joke [Big Grin]

He's taking advanced statistics right now. I just can't imagine him doing something like this in his mind...solving such complex equations and concepts. Jeeez. That sure is an inspiration.

He's dictating what he wants on his Power Point presentation to me. Just developing it is hard for me. The graphs and histograms and such. Wow!

Have a great weekend all! My head is going to be buried in books this weekend, plus my son is coming up from Louisiana to visit his mommy and sister. Isn't that sweet? He and some friends he met from Chicago are home-sick. Guess that means that I'll have several young men here. Ooooh nooooo!

#69341 - 10/09/04 07:11 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
And the minister???
Gawd Sug...you didn't even mention him! I"m like a soap opera addict!! I gotta know!
tee...hee... Just kiddin'

Now Tell me!!!

#69342 - 10/09/04 10:17 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Well, Chickadee, I really don't know what to say about the minister. I'm not sure if he's just not interested or if he's just being 'respectful' while he deals with some issues he mentioned. However, it's been a few days since I last spoke with him.

To some of the BoomerWomen's credit, I've just relaxed and not really asked him or pursued the issue. I do have to admit that my 'worldly' mind has been inclined to call him vs. letting him do the work it takes to find his own queen...but I haven't.

I would like to think that this 'ignorance' has made me sad, but, Dotsie mentioned something about a 'gut' feeling in her post to this subject once. Since I was also feeling 'something' about him, I was scared to inquire and I did the typical human deed, ignored it.

So, all of the soap opera viewers will have to wait like I will. There is 'something' about him that I really can't place my finger on. Maybe it's not for me to do as of yet, if ever. Maybe God is sparing me and that is why I haven't heard from him. Maybe there are too many maybes for me to 'worry' about.

I did enjoy our conversations. He did introduce some new Godly concepts to me. He was always pleasant and never tried what my 'worldly' dates have, which is to attempt to manipulate me in one way or another. They say that God works in mysterious ways. Maybe God just wanted him to bring me the discomfort of writing what I write. I have not found comfort in it since Dian's issue. I have not found comfort in it since not being able to show him some of my work.

Who can really say why certain people come in and out of our lives?

Now, to mess all of that up, I feel inclined to say this in all honesty.

An 'affliction' of mine called lust crept into my life. Chatty, the one that you scorned and warned me about. JJ, the one you darned near called me a stupid dumb fool for...Smile too...He called. I answered, against my better judgement. Instead of telling him that I no longer have an interest in him, I indulged in conversation that I realized would lead me back to my affliction with him.

That was mistake numeral uno. Someone or something within me spoke up and allowed his destorted view to become my own. I feel sick and sad that I didn't tell him never to call me again. But, truthfully speaking, it was killing me that he had not called me in what I consider, I timely manner. Does it always have to be like that? To want was is not good, so bad?

It's pretty late in the evening and all I can do is think about what will happen 'if' I answer his call again. I'm wondering if my righteous mind will intervene and say "No, you may not come to me and make me feel those wicked ways that left me mesmerized. No! You may not conquer myself in that lust-filled way again! No. Just NO!"

This is bad and I do need prayer because all I want to say is "YES. Defile me. Please do what you are good for and I will deal with my 'soulful' emotional issues, as a result, later."

I need a momma! A God sitting right next to me and a guard to keep my gate closed to this man! A chasity Goddess! Yeah, that's the one!

I really dislike this part of being single. To have to fight this raging natural feeling is such a chore. I know the women that are married will probably turn their noses up and think that this couldnt possibly be a 'real' issue. However, it is. Please don't forget it either. [Roll Eyes]

Sugaree [Eek!]

[ October 09, 2004, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved