The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69316 - 09/30/04 10:31 PM New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a job that I can deal with! YAAAAY for me, LOL> I will be a guide for the blind at the university that I attend. The first one is in the MBA program there. I start Monday and am looking forward to this.

OK! For the new guy...hmmm, he's a minister. So far, he thinks I'm perfect and would like to get to know me better. Oooops. What will happen when he finds out that I'm not perfect?

I love his stimulating conversations. The book we use that maps all of our conversations thus far is the bible. Anytime we start speaking on a subject, since he's a minister, he can show me that very thought or action right there in the Good Book. I absolutely love it.

We've only had one date amd several phone conversations. He went to my church w/o me because I was lazy and didn't get up on Sunday. My pastor welcomed him in and even sat him with the rest of the visiting ministers. He even closed the service.

Smiles,

Sheree

#69317 - 10/01/04 12:16 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds very positive on both the job and the relationship fronts. None of us is perfect my dear and neither is he most likely but if he thinks you are then so be it...I am convinced a man of God is the best kind of man, whether he just believes or teaches. Keeping my fingers crossed for you... [Wink]

#69318 - 10/01/04 05:28 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Congrats on the job. Will you lead them around campus to all their classes?

How'd you meet the minister? Does he pastor a church right now?

#69319 - 10/02/04 07:27 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks ladies!

I met the minister at his job as a car dealer. My daughter and I were window shopping for her a car. We just started talking and he was impressed with the conversation the three of us were having and asked me out on a date.

He's not with a church right now but I believe my own pastor really likes him so you just never know when dealing with God where this will lead him or us. Things moved so fast there in just that one date. Two days later, there he sat in the pulpit with the other highly respected God men. I think he just completed seminary school?? Not clear on that as of yet. He probably told me but I was simply amazed when he told me that he was a minister during our date, LOL. I was acting ok but not the way I wouldve had I known he was a minister (I used a bit of profanity).

My daughter just rolled her eyes and said, but only in my earshot, "She's not going to like you...you're wasting your time..." I laughed and decided to give him a try, for her sake. She wants me to be with someone so badly. She thinks I'm too picky. I think she wants me to be in a relationship so that I wont be alone when she leaves for college next year. I think another reason is that all of her friends' mothers are married or dating someone.

Anyhow, about the job, I will be in class with them. I only have one to begin with. I met him and he is just awesome. I can't believe he can figure out statistical problems in his head like that. This one only has 2 more classes before he's done with his MBA! Wow! After that, he plans to start on his dissertation immediately. I'm impressed and very happy to be a part of this. Hopefully I will be able to learn brail and take this a bit further; maybe teacher computer classes or program or something for the blind. I had no idea that I was so interested in this. I guess I can thank JJ and Chatty and Smile for nagging me about doing something for someone else to get my mind off of my issues. Those wise ladies are right.

Ok, enough rambling here...I guess you know by now that I can chat on and on and on... [Razz]

[ October 01, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

#69320 - 10/01/04 09:25 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi Sugaree, I'm fairly new and have been trying to keep up with all the posts, reading old ones etc.

Sug (if I may call you that) You have an amazing, fullfilling life! I am impressed!

A new and unique job, attending University,learning brail soon, a daughter almost ready for College,a new guy who is not only a car dealer, with an upcoming MBA but also a man of God!!!

And better yet, your daughter approves!!

All this and Wise friends to guide you, pray for you and listen to you!

You my dear are truly Blessed!

Count me in as one of your friends! I can learn alot from YOU!

Yours in Boomer friendship,
Chickadee

#69321 - 10/02/04 10:08 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thank you, Chic! I never really put all of these wonderful event in my life together the way you did. However, you're right. I am blessed. I love blessings. Unfortunately, I'm only human and don't recognize them when I should. Thanks for lining them up and thus pointing them out.

Well, maybe he doesn't think I'm so perfect after all. He didn't call me. Now, let me get this 'man' thingy right here: They don't want 'easy' but they do want 'attention.' They don't want to 'know' that you're 'interested' but they do want you to act like you can live 'without' them??????

'Mr. Minister' called me several times but I had changed phone services and didn't know how to check voice-mail yet. When I learned, he had called many many times with some very cute and creative messages...really cute. So cute that even a woman like me that tries her best to fight love because I've learned that it's a crock of sh*t even couldn't resist. I called him back. He wasn't there (voice mail against my better judgement) and so I left him a 'cute and witty' response (privately inquire if you really want to know the details).

Anyhow, I'm confused all over again. I think that somehow and somewhere, I've lost my passion for a loving relationship. Maybe my daughter is right. Maybe I will never be able to love or trust or are those one in the same?

Bye

Sugaree

#69322 - 10/03/04 09:28 AM Re: New Job & New Guy!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think you can love a person for awhile and not trust them but sooner or later one does become the other. So without one or the other Bye-Bye relationship. Take it slow my dear, you've only just met this man and I'm hearing the word love already. [Embarrassed] Much much too soon. [Roll Eyes]

#69323 - 10/03/04 04:41 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I agree with Chatty. What's the rush? Instead of trying desperately to make this into some romantic fling, why not just enjoy the friendship and see where it goes? Don't force it into a mold of what you believe a relationship should be.

And I would NEVER date a person (or give them a try as you stated?) just because my daughter liked them or I thought it would please her. It's YOUR life, not hers. She almost college age? Why are you trying to please her? Please yourself.

JJ

#69324 - 10/03/04 10:16 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ok, you're right. It's my life and I should be happy and not my daughter (as it pertains to this). Well, I hadn't thought of it as 'desperate' but I guess since I'm discussing this and really trying to 'let it work' vs not giving a D, I am kinda obsessing here. Hmmm.

Guess I'm a bit uptight. Meditation or yoga and/or prayer is what I will do to calm myself down here. I think I really don't know how to love anymore and that's a problem for me since love is the greatest gift that we can give and recieve. Maybe that's my panic.

Breathing,

Sugaree

#69325 - 10/04/04 08:17 PM Re: New Job & New Guy!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think this new job sounds wonderful. How grand for you. Congratulations.

Okay, I'm cynical and sometimes bitter. There were a couple of things you mentioned about this budding and possible relationship that sent alarms down my spine. Go slow. Be careful. Listen to your soulful voice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved