The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#69288 - 08/27/04 01:31 AM College Tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I guess as I grow in this single life style, more and more issues come to life. Now I have to deal with college tuition, and senior in high school tuitions, on one single income.

Where does this end? Just getting out of one financial tornado, back into another one. But, if I had it to do all over again and stay 'married' I'd still have to choose being single.

Sheree

#69289 - 08/27/04 10:41 AM Re: College Tuition
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well as my dear little Italian mother would say:

[Wink] IF ITS NOT SOUP ITS NUTS, BUT ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING. [Roll Eyes]

With kids that seems to be the perfect saying.

#69290 - 08/27/04 04:15 PM Re: College Tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sugaree, I feel your pain. We have one in college and one in a small private high school.

Two of ours are Juniors in high school. In two years we'll have three college tuitions. [Eek!]

I believe our best investments are in the lives of our children.

I guess you'll have two college tuitions next year. What year is your son in?

#69291 - 08/28/04 07:39 AM Re: College Tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Well, Dots, the key word you used in your response is "'We' have one in college..." My son is a sophmore. Oh my goodness, I didn't even think that far that there'll be 2 next year.

I guess even with two incomes the financial strains will be tremendous for you with three children in college.

You're right, Chatty, if it aint soup, its nuts.
Maybe I can post-pone my diet till next year cause then I wont have any food money anyway. LOL, to keep from crying.

When I got married to their father many moons ago, I thought of this situation but was happy that he was in the service and that their tuitions would be covered.

Sheree

#69292 - 08/31/04 09:29 PM Re: College Tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sheree, have you filled out the FAFSA form? It's for financial assistance.

#69293 - 09/02/04 04:13 AM Re: College Tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, unfortunately that the main reason we're looking so desperately. Somehow, they are figuring my income from the past two years. That's no longer the same, actually cut almost in half.

I've done lot of research and have found so wonderful resources but none that are of any immediate help. I plan on putting a portfolio together for my senior daughter. I'll be happy to share with you and anyone else here once I'm done. These are scholarships that can be obtained from local businesses for now. There are so many that people don't apply for, just sitting and waiting.

In my son's case, he's past their deadlines or his GPA is not adequate (which is just a shame since this kid really is brilliant:( Oh, well, he's learn some valuable lessons. Let's just pray that he retains the message from now on.

#69294 - 09/02/04 10:52 PM Re: College Tuition
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Check with your church too. Denominations offer scholarships. [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved