The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#69185 - 11/05/04 06:54 PM Re: Am I the only single here?
Nickole Offline

Hello ladies, I can really identify with some of the things I read so far. Just wanted to join in. [Smile]

#69186 - 11/05/04 07:48 PM Re: Am I the only single here?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nickole, welcome. Glad you can relate to our lives. That's what it's all about. [Wink] Please go to the welcome forum and tell us more about yourself. Looking forward to getting to know you.

#69187 - 11/06/04 11:14 PM Re: Am I the only single here?
Nickole Offline

Hi there, sure I'll do that. [Smile]

#69188 - 05/22/05 06:46 AM Re: Am I the only single here?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I thought about all of the loving things he'd done to gain my attention. I thought about the things I'd do to dissuade him. I thought about how many 'I' pushed away in an effort NOT to feel anyone...or the pain that has persisted after each relationship.
Now I'm wondering if I'm single because of my many broken hearts. Was the last shatter the grand finale? How does one know this?
================================================================
Your many broken hearts or the many hearts that you have broken sugaree??
Here's something that very, very, few women actually know.

In Australia, post divorce trauma, leads one in thirteen divorced men to suicide. If that doesn’t sound like a high figure then consider that the suicide rate caused by post rape trauma is less than one in a hundred rape victims. Not only is divorce Australia’s biggest cause of suicide. It’s double all the rest of the causes put together. It’s a body count equal to the national road toll and its the biggest sigle killer of mid aged men. And the figures would be similar in the USA.
That’s the kind of trauma that you can’t even imagine but I’ll dwell on the issue of post rape trauma for comparison even if not a good one. A girlfriend of yours is coming home from a hot date, dressed to the nines, in really sexy gear. She’s accosted in a back street and raped. In court the rapist comes out with the usual drivel that she was asking for it because the was wearing sexy clothing. The court dismisses that excuse and jails him anyway. Tell me this Lindsey, would you ever expect your friend, still suffering post rape trauma, to ever wear that same clothing again? Would you be surprised if she burned it?

There’s your answer. As you age so too do the men you are dating. And your heart break are nothing compared to theirs. (Yes I know that sounds impossible when you rea all the weeping and bleatiing on these boards but its a fact nonetheless.)

Sugaree!
Are you still thinking about all of the loving things he'd done to gain my attention, and about the things I'd do to dissuade him.about how many you "pushed away in an effort NOT to feel anyone."..or the pain that has persisted after each relationship
Thas why you are single.
The men are so badly hurt that its rare, and oftenillegal under stalking laws, for them to do any "loving things to gain yur attention" And dont even contemplate pusing anyone away. The next man you "push away" will be the last one to ever show any interest in you. Trust me on that.
Dovorced men are not re born swinging batcheolors. They are hurt. Badly!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved