The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68731 - 03/04/06 07:08 AM Re: Dog Food
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We use Natural Choice or Natures Recipe...also Petsmarts brand...same as Iams!

#68732 - 03/07/06 08:45 AM Re: Dog Food
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well, I thought it was fun to make his food! My son would come in, and say "MOM! you can smell that all the way down the block - I'm starving, you make stew for dinner?" (Sam loves stew!). He'd be so disappointed it was for Winston. LOL.

Flipperjo - you and your dogs are welcome any time - and I'm cookin'!!

Thanks, Chatty. Actually, there was flax in the 10 grain cereal, but I think it would have better if I had added the brewer's yeast.

One thing that was kinda funny - I learned his preferences for the kind of meat I was using. He preferred beef to chicken, and sometimes I would use pork which he really liked !!

Lionspaaw, I wonder if you could start out with just the grain - Chatty should know, ask her. Hey Chatty?

Searcher

By the way, I learned that onions aren't good for dogs, so don't use those, but garlic is excellent!

#68733 - 06/18/06 09:26 PM Re: Dog Food
Scissorart Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I am a newbie groomer and have been looking at old posts. I thought I would add something here. Purina isn't a very good food if you look at the ingredients. Ol Roy is one of the worst food you can feed according to a vet I used to work for. We feed Natures Recipe for easy digestion as my dogs are prone to digestive problems. I don't like Science Diet. If you look at the ingredients it uses corn which isn't good. Anything with corn as a filler is bad. I don't recommend it unless a vet says use it for a certain condition such as a diet or whatever. Corn has no nutritional value at all. Wheat isn't good either. I don't know what Iams has in it, just look at the label or compare foods online at Petsmart.com. I hope this helps. My dogs really like Nature's Recipe. You can also go to the more expensive Natural Balance which is good. I don not know if Nature's Recipe has a senior food. It probably would be good to do a search at Petsmart.com and see what is available, do some research, before you go buy.

#68734 - 06/19/06 07:10 AM Re: Dog Food
Kentj1020 Offline

I agree Scissorart. Any food that lists the first three ingredients as any type of grain is NOT good for your dog. I recently read an article in Vets Science about lamb and rice combination foods, and the article states that the only lamb and rice food that is nutritional and will avoid food allergies (the most common ailment for dogs) is Nutro Natural Lamb & Rice. Solid Gold is another excellent, healthy brand for dogs. I also believe there is a recall currently on Walmart's Ole Roy can foods.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved