The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#67762 - 04/15/05 07:40 AM "fostering" cats for a resuce group
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience fostering kittens for a rescue group?

Was it a good or bad experience?

We have two lovely adult cats and two wonderful dogs...I got a call today from a rescue group - they need help.

I know I have to keep the kittens and the mama's seperate from my animals...I just wanted to get input from anyone with experience in this!

Danita

#67763 - 04/17/05 05:09 PM Re: "fostering" cats for a resuce group
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Danita, bless you for wanting to help in this way! There are so many animals in need.

I did fostering for a long time and it was a wonderful experience. I probably took on too much and it was tiring because I also work a full time job, but it was wonderful having animals be our "guests" and then find loving, new homes. YOU are the type of person who truly makes a difference for animals in this world! I know that the rescue group is so happy to have you, and the animals you will help will be so appreciative.

You might ask the rescue group for the name of a person who would be available to you if you have questions or concerns once the kitties are in your house. Also , you might want to decide up front how many animals you'll foster at a time. That way, you'll be able to help for a longer period of time and not run the risk of taking on too much & getting burned out.

God Bless You!!

For the animals,
Kelly

#67764 - 04/17/05 06:26 PM Re: "fostering" cats for a resuce group
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks for your encouragement Kelly!

I really wanted input from someone who has "been there and done that"!

Its so important to me that my family and I are doing more then just "sucking up oxygen"! ha

There is a local shelter that trains and allows children to work with the shelter animals - my kids just started that about a month ago. It helps the animals be healthier, because they have more human contact! My kids are loving it.

I checked out your website...it is awesome! I love the internet and how it connects people who would never have the opportunity to be connected!

warmest regards,
danita

#67765 - 04/24/05 04:59 PM Re: "fostering" cats for a resuce group
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Danita,

Thanks for checking out my website.

That's wonderful your children are helping at the animal shelter. We need more parents like you! Absolutely it helps the animals who are there-- can you imagine how they feel? Separated from their family, lost, afraid, and possibly about to get gassed to death just because there's no new home for them? Good grief! We've got a serious problem on this planet when that's our solution to the pet overpopulation problem! Where did individual human responsibility go?

Kelly

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved