The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#67462 - 11/26/04 06:05 PM guilt
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you feel guilty when you leave your pets behind on the holidays? Our poor dog hates being home alone. Thanksgiving is one holiday I wish I could take her along. She'd love being around all the people...and food!

#67463 - 11/26/04 06:41 PM Re: guilt
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Are you kidding me? Trixie is practically pushing me out the door. She thinks I don't know, but the moment I leave, she jumps on the computer and surfs, goes in chat rooms, and shops. It is also when she writes. How do I know? Shoot--that's easy.

There's always crumbs from her snacks all over the place and the chair is adjusted to fit her big ah...exterior. AND....I start getting emails from names like "SamTheSheperd" or "BloodhoundBubba." It ain't rocket science.

JJ

#67464 - 11/27/04 01:51 AM Re: guilt
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is only the second holiday I wasn't having a housefull and actually went out but the first thing I did when I got in the door after removing my coat was to take out two small plates and dish up Reeta and Rosee's leftovers my son sent to them. They enjoyed turkey, alittle stuffing, and each had a dallop of candied yams. I saved their ham slices until today for dinner. Both ate, drank water, went to their potty place and curled up with me on my bed and we all slept like 3 stuffed logs....Oh and guess what? Rosee the smallest one snores, she sounds like a freight train....but you gotta love her....To answer Dotsies question, YES, I feel guilty leaving them alone especially on the holidays.... [Frown]

#67465 - 12/02/04 10:59 PM Re: guilt
Dana_dup1 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thank you for this post(thought I was the only one that would feel this way)-I would feel very guilty and have in the past! My animals are so much a part of everything-they know when it is a holiday and even when it is one of their birthdays. You would not believe Christmas morning!!! I have to fight with them to stay away from their presents and stockings-it's a race to see who gets downstairs first, me or them! And surprisingly, they know which presents are theirs. Christmas, especially is a riot because of them! Great question Dotsie-I look forward to reading more responses! Dana

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved