The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#67168 - 06/27/04 01:54 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne, in the wild deer and other animals see brush, trees, grass, dirt, wild flowers etc. from the day their born. Can you just imagine how fascinating your yard with all its strange, colorful items are to them. Its probably like Disneyland would be to a child. They are gentle souls the deer but love to frolick and play, he was probably having a ball. You need to keep the items you treasure in a place they won't go to play or buy a couple of those brightly colored, aluminum pinwheels and stick them around the yard to keep the deer away. Also a salt lick would keep them too busy to bother with anything else..... [Razz]

#67169 - 06/27/04 05:45 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was told that a salt lick only served to bring them closer to your yard. It's like the appetizer with your yard as the entree! I think they stop in my yard after having cocktails at the pond across the street. I sure do love them though. So beautiful and graceful. We also have wild turkey that walk through the back yard. My word...the Tom's are so huge! [Eek!] I'm lucky to have this beautiful land behind the house so I can watch nature...although it can be destructive at times. And speaking of nature, these Japanese Beetles are making me crazy. We have an out and out war going on! They eat anything!

#67170 - 06/29/04 08:57 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
My girlfriend has two Italian greyhounds and they are such characters! They're wonderful and so much fun.
And I have my German Shephard. We thought they could be friends but now my dog outweighs hers by about 110 lbs. so that won't work.

We both love our dogs...they are so much fun.

#67171 - 06/30/04 12:42 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes but, the Greyhound can run faster than the Shephard [Big Grin]

My son had a Chocolate Lab puppy and my Greyhound would run at him and knock him over. He'd try to catch her and of course, it just drove him in circles and made him nuts. Now, he weighs 120 lbs so I don't think Diz could still knock him over but she could outrun him!

#67172 - 07/01/04 02:36 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I grew up with a German Shepherd, KING ... my favorite dog in the whole world. He'd do anything for us kids. He would get between us and anyone he didn't know. We loved that dog.

#67173 - 07/01/04 10:11 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Sammie has learned a new word. She was saying bonsoir this morning. I've been working with her for about three weeks on it. She had the bon...part down but couldn't get the soir out. So, she must have been practicing. She's so funny. Oh, my daughter is here and she has a parakeet (about the size of Sammie's head!) and Sammie loves it. She climbs to the bottom or her perch and stares and even sleeps down beside it so she must like it. Either that or she's thinking, supper time! [Eek!]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved