The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67117 - 06/09/04 08:25 PM Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I read a short poll today that asked questions like, Do you treat your pet like family? Do you buy presents for your pet? Do you take your pet on holiday? Does your pet sleep with you? ... stuff like that.. and I was answering yes to all their questions.

So, I agree, there's a fine line between loving your pet and obsession, but I don't feel like I've crossed it.

We had our first American Eskimo for 11 years and she died of cancer. We waited 2 years before getting a new puppy (Jack), who is 9 months old now. My husband and I both adore him and we dote on him as much as possible. Is he spoied? Yep, probably. But he still must behave. Which he does! So, it's not like he gets away with anything.

Now, how do you feel about your pet? Is your pet a part of your family? What lengths would you go to make sure he had his favorite food or toy?

Jack and I are wondering . . .

#67118 - 06/10/04 12:41 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi Jack, we haven't spoken to you before but our names are Reeta and Rosee and we are spoiled 7 year old Yorkshire Terriers. We have the run of the house and special chairs in moms car so we can see out the windows. We sleep with our mom too. She has a huge bed and so we can really stretch out. Today moms check came and our things were the first on the list. Our mom says she would not eat until we are fed. Since we're small and can't go out unless shes there, we have special piddle pads in case of emergencies.
We see our beautician every 5 weeks to remain breathtaking to the visitors we have. Oh yes, our mother works for orphan animals and finds them homes too. Right now we have a step sister staying here till she gets alittle older, her name is Tulip and shes a funny looking little dog mom calls a skunk. We have endured a donkey. numerous birds, a couple of goats and lots of dogs, cats and kittens. We don't mind sharing our space but are a bit fussy about the attention the OTHERS get. Mom says we are the Queens of the house.....nice to meet you Jack..... [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

#67119 - 06/10/04 04:34 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yo Jack,
Names Trixie, a.k.a. Trixster and I'm a writer. You can check out my web page at http://www.queenjawjaw.com. Am I smart? Well, I ain't the one paying for the website...

Now, I like walks on the beach, doggy treats, warm blankets in the winter, Klondike ice cream, and my neighbors back steps. I won't EVEN tell you what I leave for those snotty people...hmp! Say, would you like to see my etchings?

eeeekkkk! Here comes the Queen, gotta run for now...Hugs and X X X

TRIXIE

#67120 - 06/10/04 05:04 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hi Jack,

Welcome, I am Boots and my little (sister) is Lady, I am a big dog, I think I am a beagle lab mix, though Mom thought she was getting a Beatle Terrier mix. Mom has me on this diet, she thinks that since she is on one that I should be too.

Lady is a Shi-Tzu and little, she thinks she is the queen of the household. We both sleep with Mom after Dad goes to work.

I hate it when they put us in restriction. I sure wish they didn't have to work and could stay home for us. Mom says she can't quit her day job on the money she is making writing right now.

Glad to meet you all, hope we have some good times together!

Boots and Lady

#67121 - 06/10/04 06:49 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Wow, so many fun new friends to play with. Hello Reeta and Rosee, Trixie, Boots and Lady.

You all sound like you have wonderful mommies.

Reeta and Rosee, you get all kinds of fun visitors that stay over. I like mommy's visitors. They sure taste yummy! Mommy doesn't let me out to play with her visitors very much unless I promise to behave myself. I tend to get very excited and sometimes I'm possessive. No one should be here to take my mommy's time from me.

Trixie, you sound like a fun girl... I bet you could get me in a lot of trouble..

Boots and Lady, I'm so sorry that you have to be on restriction while your mommy and daddy are away. I get to keep my mommy with me all day long. I would be lost without her. Sometimes she goes away for quick trips to the grocery store or the bank, but she leaves me little treats in my crate to know she loves me. Lots of times she brings me home treats too. My daddy says I'm spoiled, but I hear mommy tell him that I'm just well loved. [Smile]

Wednesday's and Thursday's are my favorite days of the week. I get to strut my stuff and really show how much I protect the house from they pool cleaners. The pool cleaner comes on Wednesday and the pool service guy comes on Thursday. I know it drives my mommy crazy but I just love to bark and bark. This is my house darn it, and my back yard. They shouldn't be here.

When I'm feeling calm, I like to lay on my pillow next to mommy's chair while she works on her computer. I can see out the window and watch the birds, squirrels, and lizards. Of course each one gets a bark from me to ket them know they must leave my back yard immediately.

My favorite place in the whole world is sitting spread out across my mommy's legs. She will sit in bed when she's not feeling well and prop her legs up on a pillow. Then I lay on top of them, making sure she stays warm.

I like to hear from you, so write back when you can.

Jack

#67122 - 06/10/04 08:53 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My name is Diz and I'm an Italian Greyhound. I'll turn six next month. Yes, I sleep with Dianne and must share affection with a crazy, three-year old African Gray Parrot, who talks all the time! We also have an outdoor cat, well a garage cat, that barely tolerates my presence. We are all quite spoiled but isn't that what you're supposed to do with us? [Smile]

#67123 - 06/10/04 09:26 PM Re: Love my American Eskimo
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Diz...we're neighbors! I'm only about an hour to an hour and a half away from Nashville!

Maybe we could share a biscuit or two some time...

Trixie

uh oh...here comes her royal pain...she's already told me if she catchs one more paw print on her precious keyboard, I'm outta here...<lick, lick, lick> There you go! Clean as a whistle...

#67124 - 06/11/04 02:43 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Hi Diz!!

You have to share your mommy? Wow!! How hard is that? And with a bird and a cat? How do you do it?

You're a greyhound? I bet you're really pretty.

I have tons of white hair and I like it when my mommy brushes me. I don't like it when she trims my nails though.

Trixie, how do you get time to use your mommy's computer? I wait for my mommy to get up and take a break, then I go for it. So far, she hasn't figured it out. [Smile]

JACK

#67125 - 06/11/04 03:07 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Quite honestly? I wait till I hear the pitter patter of her heavy feet going down the hallway to bed...or...to the refrigerator..hahah...ahem.

Here's a tip...don't eat banana popcicles while you're writing...ick! what a mess..and that's a fact Jack!

#67126 - 06/11/04 05:35 AM Re: Love my American Eskimo
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
My Mommy works during the day and my restriction is the kitchen and her office....so, I know when she will be home, and when she goes to bed.

Boots

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved