The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#66490 - 01/04/06 04:49 AM Pajama Party's
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Most of the girls I knew when having a sleep over party would sneak in a 6 pack and cigarettes because at 15 these items were definitely taboo. I myself always brought in coke or pepsi as soda was not something we had regularily at home. One night we decided to make ourselves glamorous and got into the bleach the girls mom used to bleach her upper lip. You wouldn't believe the color of some of the girls hair after applying the stuff. I was blonde already so just got lighter and the kicker was my mom thought it looked nice....luckily for my deriere, father never noticed! I just love remembering those wonderful times....

#66491 - 01/04/06 05:01 AM Re: Pajama Party's
ladybug Offline

The best pajama party I had ever been to was attended by only three girls. We had no cigarettes or beer because none of us liked the stuff at the time and we were only 16.

Chatty, that pj party is one of the best memories I have. We told jokes that were risque' and corny. We had to share a sofa bed to sleep on. I remember telling my friend she needed to shave her legs because they were "prickly." I'm laughing just remembering that! She was also the one who told the joke about the hairy pogo stick.

[ January 03, 2006, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#66492 - 01/04/06 05:51 AM Re: Pajama Party's
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hey, Chatty,
Remember the girls use to Peroxide there hair to get it blond They used the Hydrogen Peroxide . Part of your hair was brown or black and the top was Peroxide Blonde . Yikes! I remember those girl in the 60's . Not me just the jet black hair today and yesterday . Lot of girls came to school with there hair like that.

Chatty, remember the coke and french fries with gravey on them after school. Stop at the soda fountain .

[ January 03, 2006, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#66493 - 01/04/06 06:38 AM Re: Pajama Party's
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nancy50, I remember the cokes and french fries because it was a daily ritual but not the gravy, ick doesn't even sound good to me BUT mine always had lots of ketchup. Ladybug the beer and cigs sure weren't for me either, I was the pop person only. Stil have never drank or smoked even today...

#66494 - 01/04/06 04:56 PM Re: Pajama Party's
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Pajama parties were a lot of fun....I can recall my Mom having to come in to tell us to GO TO SLEEP (multiple times I might add!) because we'd be up so late giggling and gossiping. None of us were smokers so cigarettes were never a part of our fun.

Hmm...never tried gravy on my fries but it sounds kind of good! We always had tons of ketchup.

#66495 - 01/04/06 05:36 PM Re: Pajama Party's
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Pajama Parties were the best! I remember telling ghost stories and trying to scare each other and just laughing almost all night long!

#66496 - 01/05/06 12:51 AM Re: Pajama Party's
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Hey, Suzieq, I was a member of our school's Thespian Society, too. Your parties sound like most of ours!

I didn't have any sleep-overs at my house, because we didn't have a family room where my parents could put us and retain a bit of sanity. But I remember how much fun I had at other's houses. My daughter had several sleep-overs, and I don't think things have changed much.

I DID have a best friend in the next town, and we spent weekends at each other's houses frequenyly. I'm sure there were times when we drove our parents bonkers!

#66497 - 03/23/06 10:46 AM Re: Pajama Party's
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
When I was finally ! allowed to go to a pajama party, I was so excited. I saved me money and finally bought a light orange pair of pj's w/ fringe on the cuffs and bottoms of the pants. I was so excited! The day finally arrived, I took them out of my drawer, and low and behold
KarenC had already gotten her hands on them, and they were split right down the crotch. And my mom just said " so what, I'll just sew them"
wah.............

#66498 - 03/23/06 04:23 PM Re: Pajama Party's
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Love french fries with brown gravy and malt vinegar. Hydrogen Peroxide days bring back lots of memories. I used iodine on mine and streaked it red one time....I was so big on fashion one time that I can almost tell you what I wore to every event.I designed my clothes and Mom sewed them. Lucky duck, I was.
chick

#66499 - 03/23/06 05:50 PM Re: Pajama Party's
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
PJ parties were an every weekend event when I was growing up. My girlfriends and I would start planning on Monday morning at school whose house it would be at that coming weekend. That way we could start working on the "Mother" of that particular house.

We never smoked or drank, but we would do things like "musical skits" or tell ghost stories, or bite our thumbs until we passed out....what? You didn't do that?

JJ

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved