The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64870 - 10/17/04 04:53 AM Halloween and Trick or Treating when you were a Kid
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Does anyone remember the Halloween Partys in School about grade 1-6th ?. I do! . Remember going trick or treating ? I do. I remember we take our costumes to school and I was Cinderella in third grade it was box costume . I thought I was so pretty. Then came the gal who won first prize for her grandmother made her Cinderella costume . Oh, was I mad. Now it is funny what kids will do . Ha!

I remember going out we Lived is Govans her in MD We lived in a townhouse not bad I love it. I can remember how warm the house was inside Anyway , about four us went out on that cold moonlite night with a shopping bag for candy . Mother said it was too big to take and should take a smaller one. But, oh ,no we took off like bandits and got the bag filled up and came back into the house .I dumped the candy on the dinner table and we went back out to get a another load of candy. I can't believe we did that. I thing I go sick of candy that year.

Any other funny thinks you did . I think I soaped a few car windows when we go into Jr. High. Remember all the fun you had !

Other then that we were good.

Nancy What did you all do for Halloween?

#64871 - 10/18/04 12:48 AM Re: Halloween and Trick or Treating when you were a Kid
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
I remember Halloween's for several reasons:

1. Being a hobo and my dad burning the end of a piece of cork and then rubbing the ash on our faces for our beards.

2. Going as a ghost and cutting eye holes in a sheet.

3. Wearing a plastic mask, but all the neighbors knowing who I was because I had to wear glasses to see and had to put them on the outside of my masks [Frown]

4. Taking pillowcases as our goody bags.

5. The worst thing, the weather being nice up till the week of halloween, then it would get cold and rainy and we had to wear our coats over out costumes!!!

Boy, if those were our only troubles now, life won't be so bad lol.

summerbreeze

#64872 - 10/18/04 02:24 AM Re: Halloween and Trick or Treating when you were a Kid
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I lived in the Midwest growing up and the thing I most remember about 90% of the Halloweens is that it either rained, snowed or sleeted and we had to cover our costumes with coats and gulashes. I attended Catholic school for all 8 years and we never had partys in shool, but we took the day off and saw a movie and then we drew pictures and someone would win a prize and usually the Nuns would give us each a candied apple. That was okay....When my boys were growing up in the 60's and 70's it was a time of fear because of razor blades, poison etc. in candy SO I'd give then each $10.00 and take then to the old time candy store where you could buy Mary Janes, and candy buttons on paper rolls, candy watermelon slices, all kinds of old candy treats and they had a ball because most cost a penny...They were safe, I was happy. They did have costume parties in school and the three of us would make their costumes together. It was quite the occassion. [Razz]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved