The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64475 - 04/13/04 02:36 AM Miss America
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do any of you remember watching The Miss America Pageant when you were kids? We would all gather around the televison and try to pick the winner.

My husband just came in my office. He's going to the YMCA. When he gets back we're going to watch the pageant with the kids for some mindless fun.

He told me if I hurried I still might be able to make it to Atlantic City! [Eek!]

Hmmm, I don't think the audience wears sunglasses [Cool] to protect their eyes from white legs with cottage cheese. [Razz]

CAn you imagine heals and a bathing suit? Never did like that combination. [Big Grin]

#64476 - 04/13/04 02:46 AM Re: Miss America
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Has he registered for the Mr. America pageant yet? Or Mr. World maybe, lol? Men, they say the silliest things without even thinking. However the BWS diet shall prevail and the cottage cheese will be as smooth as silk. YES!! [Roll Eyes]

#64477 - 04/13/04 02:52 AM Re: Miss America
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
We watched it as kids and always tried to predict the winners, too. I always "voted" for the brunettes!

Can't say I've paid much attention to the pagaent in at least 30 years now.

Speaking of swimsuits and heels: I saw a woman at a local beach wearing exactly that! She kept tripping in the sand. What an idiot! [Roll Eyes]

#64478 - 04/13/04 06:21 AM Re: Miss America
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
HAHAHAHAHAHAH.... what an idiot..... [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]
I like your taste Merry.

#64479 - 04/13/04 06:56 AM Re: Miss America
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
There were six of us girls and my mom. We'd get our pj's on early on the night of the pageant, fix lots of popcorn and we'd all sit on the floor around the tv with our notebooks, taking notes and picking our winners. It was a very big deal at our house.

Later, when I had girls, they'd watch it when they were real young, but as they became teens, I'd find that I watched it by myself with the dog by my side.

Tonight it was on tv, I stopped for a moment and watched it, then turned off the tv. I wonder if it was 'watching the show' that was so exciting, or was it 'the closeness of the family' while watching it? Sad how things change.

#64480 - 04/13/04 05:27 PM Re: Miss America
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Betty, sounds like we had simialr childhoods. I had 3 sisters and 1 brother. We'd also sit around with pen and paper and try to pick the winner. I remember it being in Atlantic City and viewed on the weekend. Do you?

I think it has more to do with watching it as a group too. My daughter didn't want to watch last night. My son was in and out of the room, but my husband and I watched. I definitely think the more the merrier. The funniest part is listening to all the comments. I was the only one with a pen and paper. [Wink]

Could you believe how skinny those women were? Some of their stomachs looked concave. Ewww! [Eek!]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved