The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64451 - 03/12/04 07:04 PM hopscotch
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Who played? I did, and for hours on some spring/summer days. We played the best of three games, or if we were really on a roll, the best of five.

Think about what we used. The sidewalk/driveway, chalk, and a rubber heal. And we were happy and entertained ourselves for hours. [Big Grin] Don't know how I had true rubber heals to play with. Maybe mom got them at the cobblers. [Eek!] Now there's a word for ya! How long since you've been to one of those? Now we just throw or give our shoes away!

Anyone for a game of hopscotch...or jacks?

#64452 - 03/12/04 07:33 PM Re: hopscotch
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hopscotch=Lessons for life.

Hop on one foot if you have to.
Jump over the trouble spots.
Having fun can keep you hoppin'.
If you keep hoppin' you'll win.
Hang onto a friend if you get too tired.
Share the chalk.
Plan your path ahead of time.
Follow the path.
Don't always take the easy way.

Hmmm. My mind is wandering. Anyone else have ideas?

smile

#64453 - 03/14/04 01:32 AM Re: hopscotch
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOW, talk about jogging a persons memories....
[Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Roll Eyes]
I was never much for hop scotch, played some but got bored very easy. Now you talk about jacks and you have my attention. I still own a wonderful pair of jacks, made of silver metal and strong enough to have lasted since I was eight. [Confused] God, was I ever eight???
Anyhow I have had a dozen or so balls, since they wear out. I played jacks the last time in 1996 [Eek!] I was in the hospital with pheumonia.
Even a couple of the nurses got involved [Smile] FUN!!

#64454 - 03/14/04 05:38 AM Re: hopscotch
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
yes, I remember Hopscotch and Jacks. Hopscotch, draw the lines in chalk on the sidewalk. Throw in a rock, hop to where it is, pick it up, throw again until you finish. What fun.

Jacks, since it rained a lot we played jacks at recess. They alwyas accused me of cheating though because I threw the ball with my left hand therefore had to pick everything up with my left hand but I am right handed. [Roll Eyes]
I too have played them lately with the cousins children and neice. What fun to pass this game on. [Smile]
Maggie

#64455 - 03/14/04 10:54 PM Re: hopscotch
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, how about taking turns, or learning balance is key!

Perhaps you should write the book, Everything I Need To Know I Learned Playing Childhood Games. [Wink]

Chatty, I have soem original jacks around here somewhere.

Maggie, we played on vacation a few years back when it rained all day. We found them at the Five and Dime in the beach town where we were vacationing. [Wink] It brought back great memories.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved