The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64412 - 02/13/04 07:10 PM Hair?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Long beautiful hair? Shining, gleaming, streaming,........Give me it down to there, HAIR, shoulder length or longer, here baby , there baby, everywhere....HAIR?

Bee hive, long and stringy, parted down the middle, Farrah Fawcett, Hamill wedge, bangs, teased, wigs!(my sister had one), shags, pigtails, ducktails...

Combs, brushes, picks, hair dryers in a little case with hoods, irons, pink curlers, bobby pins, sponge rollers, juice cans, spit curls...

Remember? How did you wear your hair, and what did I forget?

Okay ladies, fess up. HOw didyou wear you hair?

#64413 - 02/13/04 10:23 PM Re: Hair?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
usually on my head...

what?

okay...okay...long, straight, and red.

#64414 - 02/14/04 12:44 AM Re: Hair?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Long straight and brown. Then around 16 - 17 I did a little layer thing in the front. Maybe taht was the Farah Fawcett era I don't remember.

When I was little in elementary school, I had a pixie. remeber those? I swear it was because my mother hated dealing with hair so she cut mine off.

#64415 - 02/14/04 03:37 AM Re: Hair?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Probably my worst hairdo was in eigth grade: [Embarrassed]

Perm
Bouffant flip with teased bangs
and of course, the de riguer little velvet bow that clipped on above the bangs. I had those stupid little bows in 20 colors, to match all my outfits. Aarggghhh!!

#64416 - 02/14/04 07:06 AM Re: Hair?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Because we lived way out in the country and I guess we were poor, my mom always gave my sister and I perms. Oh my lord was that ever a bad experience. She was always very concerned that the perms "Took good". She would curl our hair on hard plastic curlers and twist them so tight, our eyes would be pulled up til our eyes were slanted lie little Chinamen. She would make us sleep in those horrible curlers so the perm would "take good."

I wrote a short story about that and it was read at a small theater. It was funny.

I was at Moms and late one night a couple of years ago and got a crazy idea that I needed a perm. Mom who still gives herself perms had one and for some reason I let her give it to me. It killed my hair and it fell out in clumps. I had to cut my hair. It's just now growing out.

That's my hair story.

Dotsie, your post about hair sounds like a poem and might be lyrics for a country song. [Smile]

smile

[ February 13, 2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#64417 - 02/16/04 05:55 PM Re: Hair?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Speaking of things you placed in your hair...

My sister had the little bumble bees that you stuck in your dos.

She tells a side splitting story about having those little buggers knocked right out by one of the nuns and watching them go buzzing to the floor. [Eek!]

A friend of Mom's was a hair dresser. She did my sister's hair up in a hive, sprayed the he.. out of it, plunked little bees in it and off sissie went to school.

When the nun was finished with her hair, she told her to go to the bathroom and get it straight.

Nice, huh?

I guess the nun wasn't as impressed as the kids.

We laugh hysterically [Big Grin] when she tells the story, but when we stop to think about it, it's a terribly humiliating thing to do to a kid.

There are lots of other stories like that from going to Catholic school in the 60's and 70's. Those nuns wouldn't stand a chance treating kids like that these days.

#64418 - 02/17/04 04:19 AM Re: Hair?
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I've always been blessed with tons of hair. I wore it in a pixie with VERY short bangs. It finally grew out, and then Twiggy came along. Mom made the mistake of letting me decide how I wanted my hair, and guess who had NO hair left? By the time I got to high school, it was long and flowing parted straight down the middle. After high school, I got the Farrah look (like everyone else!) Then I went on to the BIG hair like the women on Dynasty, I believe. Now? The more gray, the curlier it gets! LOL!

Donna

#64419 - 02/17/04 06:34 PM Re: Hair?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Speaking of pixie, I recall the year our family was going to Florida for a family vacation. I had my hair cut in a pixie for the trip. (Why?)

When I went to school with my new hair cut, the most popular, coolest, cutest boy in the class saw me and said, "Who's the new boy in our class?" [Mad] Kids giggled, he maintained his coolness and I felt awful. He knew it was me, I had my uniform skirt on!

Funny how you rememeber stuff like that!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved