The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64403 - 02/09/04 06:52 PM Lost loves
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I was just watching Regis and Kelly. They're reuniting lost lovers. Made me wonder if any of us (besides JJ who has an exciting UNlost lover) remember lost lovers.

Any stories? I have a few, but I'll save them for later. Have to get some house cleaning done.

Just wondered.

smile

[ February 09, 2004, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#64404 - 02/10/04 03:27 AM Re: Lost loves
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Well of course, I already told you about the high school bf who contacted me.

The only one I really cared about seeing again was my first college boyfriend. A few years ago, I searched his name on the net. All I found was his 1978 dissertation from some school in Canada.

#64405 - 02/10/04 07:37 PM Re: Lost loves
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm not much good here. I married my high school sweetheart. [Wink]

I know my first beau is still in town, but he's a ladies man. [Eek!] I have no interest in looking him up.

I did date a couple nice guys whom I've run into through the years. Seems like everyone stayed in Baltimore or surrounding area.

When I've seen them, I've thanked my lucky stars! [Big Grin]

#64406 - 02/10/04 07:38 PM Re: Lost loves
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Smile, waiting on those stories. Is it later yet?

#64407 - 02/11/04 08:57 AM Re: Lost loves
smilinize Offline

Oh gosh, where do I start. This may be too long, but...

Probably my most important lost love is a guy I met in ninth grade. He was a Cherokee share cropper's son so he was poor. He was so good looking. His hair was jet black and he had brownest eyes.
From the moment we met, he told me he loved me. His phone calls followed me through three marriages and two divorces and we were always together when I was divorced.

I can almost hear him now. The phone would ring and he would say, "Hi pretty lady" and I could hear his smile no matter how far away he was.

Through sheer determination, he became a doctor and eventually a millionaire. While in med school he got a girl pregnant and married her then later found out the child was not his, but stayed to raise it.

He always stayed in contact and left his wife for me three times. I always married someone else.
He bought a small plane and learned to fly. He flew to see me all over the United States and rescued me from all kinds of catastrophes. I loved him dearly, but I never wanted to marry him. I never really trusted that he would leave his wife for me. And I wasn't sure either of us could live with it if he did.
The last time he took a residency in a whole new specialty where I lived and planned to start a new practice with a partner. I was afraid to believe him again and I married my third husband.
He gave up the residency and returned to his wife. She knew about me of course, but by then he had made millions and she chose to stay.

Even after all that, he kept in contact and the last time we talked he was planning out ten year class reunion at his mansion. He said, "you can bring your husband. I want to meet him and I want to dance with you just one more time."
One day soon after that, I came in from shopping. My kids and my husband were waiting. They told me his plane had crashed and he and his wife had both been killed.
The whole class was at the funeral. I can hardly type remembering it. His partner gave the eulogy. Turned out he lives across the street from me and I had no idea. When he spoke, everything all added up. All the times when he had said he was leaving his wife for me, he had been doing exactly that and I hadn't believed him. It put me into a deep depression that wound up ending my marriage.

But even that was not the end. About a year later on Christmas Eve, the child he had raised who had been in trouble since junior high called friends to pick him up at the cemetery, went to his parent's grave and shot himself in the stomach then bled to death before the friends got there. By then the boy had a little baby girl so he destroyed her Chistmas forever. Even now it makes me angry.

That's been about ten years ago and though it will always be a part of me, I think I am almost beyond it now. The husband I married last summer knows the whole story and seems to understand. He is nothing like the other guy except perhaps his smile and the way he affects me. I never intended to invest my heart again, but here I am.

smile

[ February 10, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#64408 - 02/10/04 09:55 PM Re: Lost loves
smilinize Offline

I don't know why I wrote that last post. It just happend. Somehow this way of communicating reveals things even I didn't know were in me.

smile

#64409 - 02/11/04 05:14 AM Re: Lost loves
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Sometimes we have soul mates, people we'll love forever. You were his. It's sad in many ways that he wasn't yours, but we make the best choices we can in life.

#64410 - 02/13/04 12:53 AM Re: Lost loves
Dotsie Offline
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by smilinize:

He was so good looking. His hair was jet black and he had brownest eyes.

*My daughter and son are adopted from Korea. I love their dark hair and eyes. I can see the attraction, smile!

Through sheer determination, he became a doctor and eventually a millionaire.

*Have to admire someone like that!

He flew to see me all over the United States and rescued me from all kinds of catastrophes.

*What a guy!

She knew about me of course, but by then he had made millions and she chose to stay.

* Hm, imagine that!

He said, "you can bring your husband. I want to meet him and I want to dance with you just one more time."

*How romantic!

One day soon after that, I came in from shopping. My kids and my husband were waiting. They told me his plane had crashed and he and his wife had both been killed.
The whole class was at the funeral. I can hardly type remembering it. His partner gave the eulogy. Turned out he lives across the street from me and I had no idea. When he spoke, everything all added up. All the times when he had said he was leaving his wife for me, he had been doing exactly that and I hadn't believed him. It put me into a deep depression that wound up ending my marriage.

*You poor thing. No wonder.

*His partner lived across the street from you?

But even that was not the end. About a year later on Christmas Eve, the child he had raised who had been in trouble since junior high called friends to pick him up at the cemetery, went to his parent's grave and shot himself in the stomach then bled to death before the friends got there. By then the boy had a little baby girl so he destroyed her Chistmas forever. Even now it makes me angry.

*My God, how tragic.

That's been about ten years ago and though it will always be a part of me, I think I am almost beyond it now. The husband I married last summer knows the whole story and seems to understand. He is nothing like the other guy except perhaps his smile and the way he affects me. I never intended to invest my heart again, but here I am.

* What the heck. Go for it. Love some more!

smile

#64411 - 02/13/04 01:29 AM Re: Lost loves
smilinize Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dotsie:
*My daughter and son are adopted from Korea. I love their dark hair and eyes. I can see the attraction, smile!
#### One method of determining race is by hair shape. By that criteria, there are only three major races, caucasoid-oval shaped hair, negroid-flat hair, and mongoloid-round hair. Oval hair waves, flat hair curls, and round hair is straight. Both American Indians and Asians have round straight hair and dark eyes and both are of the mongoloid race so the resemblance is obvious.

He flew to see me all over the United States and rescued me from all kinds of catastrophes.
*What a guy!
#### From bad marriages, when I was in terrible car accidents. when I had cancer, he always showed up. I remember being in a hospital bed and him just wandering in with his stethescope and sitting down on the bed to hold me.

She knew about me of course, but by then he had made millions and she chose to stay.
* Hm, imagine that!
##### Before he married her he told her he would always love me. I guess she was terrified to be pregnant and unmarried. Later there was some indication that the baby belonged to her step father.

He said, "you can bring your husband. I want to meet him and I want to dance with you just one more time."
*How romantic!

*You poor thing. No wonder.
#### With the help of my present husband, I'm finally getting past all that.

*His partner lived across the street from you?
#### Yes. He still does. I've only spoken of it to him once.

*My God, how tragic.
##### It was so totally unbelievable. I don't think he intended to kill himself. If you intend to kill yourself, you probably shoot yourself in the head. I think he intended to get attention and his friends didn't show up as planned.

* What the heck. Go for it. Love some more!
#### Exactly what I'm doing. There's probaly a song somewhere about how love's the only cure for a broken heart.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved