The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64399 - 02/04/04 01:06 PM Re: Feminism
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Being equal is not being identical. I was always "liberated" because I was too stubborn to accept anything less. But it took the latest wave of the Womens Movement to show me that I was not alone.

#64400 - 02/04/04 01:13 PM Re: Feminism
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
And I have never felt the need to compete with men, or women either, for that matter. I set my own standards.

All I ask is that arbitrary barriers are not set in my path just because of the circumstances of my birth.

#64401 - 02/06/04 05:44 AM Re: Feminism
chloet Offline

Loc: Thailand
I think that feminism means having the same rights and opportunties open to me as a man...
I was always way more into equal rights for women than my friends even when I was at school..This was because I was brought up by my grandfather..I saw from an early age that a man was very capable of performing domestic duties and caring for a child...
While I married a man who is an excellent housekeeper and cook I have to say that I am very disapointed with my old female friends...They also said that when they married they would make sure that their partners shared the domestic resposibilities...But no way...Once my girlfriends married and had children they changed so much...They became housewifey types who do everything inside the house...Their husbands have it so easy...come home feet up, dinner is served and they dont need to do a thing...Lucky these men didnt marry me !!!
These are just my opinions and I am sure some of you wont agree but I just believe marriage is a partnership where each should help the other...
Chloe...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved