The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#64316 - 01/21/04 04:40 PM black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was reminded of all three of these while Christmas shopping this year. It's all back! Have you seen this stuff where you live?

I never had any of these things in my room, but I surely remember the black lights at dances basement parties.

#64317 - 01/22/04 04:58 AM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
mrsmuzz Offline

Loc: Orange, Texas
Everything old is new again! Teens think they "invented" all that stuff! I remember a place we used to go in Austin in the early 70's. It was a ice cream place that was painted entirely in neon colors and lighted only with black lights. We thought we were sooooo cool! We also wore hip hugger blue jeans, peasant blouses and platform shoes. Seen any of these at the local mall?

#64318 - 01/22/04 07:59 PM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mm, how about in my daughter's closet? [Big Grin] Or better yet... her bedroom floor, bed, couch, chair....... [Eek!]

#64319 - 01/23/04 08:09 AM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
In my son's closet, we found Jimmy Hoffa

#64320 - 01/23/04 05:39 PM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
Dotsie Offline
Founder

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

#64321 - 01/25/04 09:08 AM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
with or without the black light?

#64322 - 01/29/04 02:20 PM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
OHHHH!!! Black Lights!!! I had one!!! I use to love sitting in my bedroom with it on and just lay there and think about whats going on or daydream of things that I knew would never happen.

I remember using Cheer washing powder (it had flecks in it) and mix with water and paint my walls with peace signs and stars/moons on the ceilings and turn on the black light and the soap would reflect on the walls. But during the day you couldn't see it....

AND BASEMENT PARTIES!!!! OH MY!!! I remember those DAYS....every party would have a dark room with black lights...we called it the "make out" room. I never got to venture in those rooms very much cause I never really had a boyfriend then. But I remember a time when I did have a boyfriend and I had the time of my life. I felt really cool then. I'm laughing about that time now....When I was in there with my boyfriend, we got to talking about HICKEY's...I never had one and neither had he...so he asked me to give him one and I did....BOY DID I!!!!!!! IT TURNED OUT HUGE ON HIS NECK!!!!!!! I was a very shy person and back then everyone at school saw me as Miss Goodie Goodie Two Shoes...well I will show them when they see this HICKEY I gave my boyfriend...That backed fired. The guys were so impressed with my boyfriends hicky they wanted to know who it came from. MY boyfriend wouldn't tell them....He kept my reputation....He didn't kiss and tell....

Wow going down memory lane this morning....

#64323 - 01/29/04 04:26 PM Re: black, lights, lava lamps, and beaded curtains
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee, I loved black lights. Still do. I love the way your light colored clothes and shoes can almost dance without you and how it feels like you are the one lighting the room.

Reminds me of the black lights I've used for my kid's parties. Maybe I should dig those things out and have a black light party for my boomer friends. Maybe I'll do that. It sounds like fun.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved