The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#63875 - 06/13/05 01:48 AM Question about MIA Notifications
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This is a rather awkward question for me...until I arrived here, it was very rare to have anyone other than hubby and brother care whether I'm gone or not. But whenever I've been away from BWS for a couple of days, some of you write to see if I'm okay. It's REALLY nice to know that people care like that, but I'm not one to presume that my MIA deserves its own posting. Yet I don't want people to worry when I'm away. And I also don't want to break into an ongoing discussion in the Announcements forum just to make an MIA post.

What's the general protocol for making Missing in Action notifications? DO we make MIA announcements normally? Is there one regular forum that's been used in the past for these? It's not a bad idea to post them whenever people are going to be away for any length of time...I know I notice people's absences and wonder if they're okay. It's a nice extension of the caring healing atmosphere here. But what's the norm here for that?

BTW, while we're on the subject, I'm going to be away all this coming week. Back next Sunday. More family visiting, but in the other direction...Niagara Falls, Leamington (near Detroit) and Kitchener.

#63876 - 06/13/05 02:10 AM Re: Question about MIA Notifications
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Eagle, it's true we can't get away with being gone! Right now I am wondering about Dianne S. LLL

#63877 - 06/13/05 03:44 AM Re: Question about MIA Notifications
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
EagleHeart, I hope you have a wonderful time and as we all are when we are gone, you will be missed.... [Cool]

#63878 - 06/14/05 02:53 AM Re: Question about MIA Notifications
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne was away with her family. Remember? I'm wondering about Dallasgirl, Anyone heard from her?

There is no rhyme or reason to this. If you miss someone, email them.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved